The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What could this be? packet effect.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I've had these laying around for years, no idea what it is - jumbo cards, 2x 6's and 2 x jacks. It's probably a standard packet trick I picked up years and years ago..

Any suggestions?

Tks!

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-05-02 06:27, deadcatbounce wrote:
I've had these laying around for years, no idea what it is - jumbo cards, 2x 6's and 2 x jacks. It's probably a standard packet trick I picked up years and years ago..

Any suggestions?

Tks!
DCB

I don't know what the specific effect might have been but, if you have Apocalypse, check out Richard Vollmer's Poor Man's Monte. This is a stunner of a packet effect that could EASILY be adapted to jumbo cards. Smile
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings DCB;
That probably is Joe Riding's "The Only Three Card Trick in The World Using Four Cards"
It was marketed by Ken Brooke back in the days and is an outstanding routine.
If I am not mistaken, it is part of the Ken Brooke Series of Booklets that Steven's Magic Emporium is still providing.
Hope that Helps
All the Best
Marty
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Thank you both! It probably IS the Ken Brooke effect... I have "The Unique Years".. I'll have a looksee in there.

And I'll look into the Poor Mans Monte - I think I can even put my hand on the Index for Apocalypse (I have all the bound issues, rather than the hardbound book(s)

I already do the "Irish Three card trick",/ Martin Lewis..

Oh, life is so nice when a plan comes together!

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What could this be? packet effect.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL