The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Shuddershadow Masion by Mark Piazza - A Bizarre Amusement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I just want to give a snap shot of Shuddershadow Masion bizarre e-book.

It contains:

+ The Ghost of Maskelum: This is a nice tribute to the Master Tony Anduzzi. It is a good introduction to start a bizarre show. A regular Deck of cards is involved in the tale and Tony is able to guide you to this journey.

+ 8-Ball Magic: The Magie is able to divine the “Dream girl” from one of the male spectator using a magic 8-ball. The idea and revelation method is very simple but effective.

+ Witches of OZ: Routine created based on Oz story that uses a Wicked Witch’s broom to reveal a chosen name. Oz story fans will find a nice routine.

+ Voodoo Punture: This is one of the routines that require a commercial effect, the routine involves a good tale to follow.

+ Simon and his Date: A ghost tale using a blonde mannequin and a commercial effect.

+ Cup of Joe: The Magie is able to divine the chosen card from a deck in a very special manner; the revelation method and the tale make this routine one of my favorites.

+ Monsters Unleashed: This is a dark story tale that uses monster´s cards you need to build with a Haunted Key and music that enhance the scare feeling of the spectators.

+ X-Filed: Do you know in which states are said to have the most reports of UFO? Ok, the Magie is able to divine with the help of one spectator what´s the state with more reports in the past month.

+ Timmy´s Toy Chest: This is my favorite routine from the e-book. It´s a sad tale about a boy and his toy chest; the story line is very powerful and the final revelation generates a lot of impact to the spectators.
I was able to create a close-up and stage version of it. The routine uses a well known method to show Timmy´s favorite toy with a scarier ending.

+ From Hell: This is an interesting "Jack the Ripper" close-up routine. With the help of the Magie, the spectator is able to find which victim was the owner of one of Jack´s possession item. It includes drawings of the victims for more impact. Definitely this is for Jack´s fans.

+ Stooges-United: This is a nice haunting tale that involves three small skulls in a box with a fun ending.

+ The Magic Toilet: Yep, you can make magic with the picture of a toilet in order to find a chosen card from a deck. Mark supplies the draws to build the routine and the revelation method is well known.

+ S´Not your Card?: Another card revelation routine with a surprise and nasty ending.

+ Leftovers: More than a routine, it´s a black tale.

+ The Poe Séance: Another favorite, this is a set of good routines and ideas in order to build a Poe´s Séance; The routines used to build the Séance are: Deathday, The Tell-Tale Heart, The Fall of the House of Usher, Hop-Frog, A Toast to Poe and so on...

+ The Masque of the Red Death: it´s a winner close-up routine with business cards; it shows an interesting tale with a bloody surprise at the end.

In Conclusion:
+ The e-book is full in routines, good ideas and interesting thoughts.
+ All of the routines use well known mentalism techniques, only few requires a commercial trick.
+ Most of the routines work from close-up to stage.
+ Mark is a good storyteller that likes to play with people´s fear and in this book is full on it.
+ My favorites routines are for close-up "Cup of Joe", "8 Ball Magic" & "The Masque of the Red Death" and for stage "Timmy´s Toy Chess".
+ The E-book is available for download at Lybrary for $15.00 USD; It´s a bargain!

Bizarrist, I high recommend you to look at Mark´s work, you will not be disappointed.

Cheers!
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Mind_Magic,

Thanks for another review. Shuddershadow Mansion seems to be selling extremely well.
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
I perform "Timmy's Toy Box" from this book, with a mildly altered script - the story is definitely a gut buster.

Cheers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Shuddershadow Masion by Mark Piazza - A Bizarre Amusement (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL