The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » DVD player (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Hi All.

Some time ago, I someone mentioned a piece of software they liked that could slow down DVD playback (maybe even frame by frame). I've been unable to find the post again with the search feature. Does anyone have software recommendations? There are times when it'd be nice to have fine control over video speed-- even going frame by frame.

thanks in advance,

- Frank
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Not sure what you mean. I was under the impression that all modern dvd players had this function built in.
We have three in our house, all different makes and models and all have these functions built in, even a portable player that my daughter uses on long journeys.
omk
View Profile
Regular user
Florida's Space Coast
108 Posts

Profile of omk
See if this might be what you are looking for:

DVD loop program "Ultimate DVD Player" (download at http://www.ronimusic.com/ ), to slow down and loop challenging moves.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I just press the pause button and if you "hold down" the pause button the DVD will go in very slow motion......plus as was mentioned the features are built in to the player. (get out the never read instruction manual)
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
OMK,there is even a trial version to check it out. It does seem to work only on a computer. For some reason a couple of the requirements are a fast computer and fast internet connection.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
He's trying to find out when 'secret' moves happen on a dvd!! lol jk Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
miker50
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of miker50
Quote:
On 2010-05-08 19:59, lunatik wrote:
He's trying to find out when 'secret' moves happen on a dvd!! lol jk Smile

Thanks a lot Lunatic....I was eating a bowl of cereal...read your post and laughed spraying milk all over my computer screen...good one. Smile

Mike
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Quote:
On 2010-05-08 17:56, omk wrote:
See if this might be what you are looking for:

DVD loop program "Ultimate DVD Player" (download at http://www.ronimusic.com/ ), to slow down and loop challenging moves.

Thanks, omk-- This is almost what I'm looking for. It's just missing an ability to step through the video frame by frame.

Hardware wise, there are not many set-top boxes that have fine control over DVD playback. I have a very old Zenith DVD player with a jog-like control, but most are really clumsy when it comes to precise variable speed playback. Looping a difficult segment is completely out of the question on a set-top player too. That's why I'm looking for software solutions.

- Frank
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I seem to recall WinDVD having a function like this.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
You'll have a better chance to do what you want to do AV wise if you have a mac, but it doesn't sound like it so I won't even start that whole thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » DVD player (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL