The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Rusty Card Cheat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

onbekende020
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
89 Posts

Profile of onbekende020
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
The day you do that at my table without being noticed I give you 50£.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
And the day that guy cares about your table, it'll be a cold day in hell.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
And the day I care about such answers earth will be frozen.

I simply meant that the guy has little chance to do such moves at modern card tables. Shuffling in the hands, hand remaining flat on the table, cuts in the hands! Gimme a break please!!!

I don't say it's crap, I don't say it's badly performed. I just say it's gonna be hard to palm cards that way with serious players. I just mean it's gonna be tricky to fool old timers that way!

For the last 5-6 years I've never played without a cut card. France or UK. It's really common now. Even in pub tourneys in UK they use cut cards!

I don't play $5,000 buy-in games, sure, but just bring $100 in the majority of today's European games, friendly, club, pub or private, and tell me how many times they will allow you to shuffle in the hands, cut in the hands and so on. Never in 99.99% of the cases.

I love sleight of hands, I really appreciate moves. I'm a true enthusiast about cheating techniques. I can even add I enjoyed some moves the guy shows in this video. But sometimes, we've got to leave demos and magic away to talk seriously. If you play a serious game and accept guys handling cards that way, you're just a sucker.

It has nothing to do with the guy, but with the handling.

Z told us once that millions have been taken using ****ty moves. I can tell you I've seen people separated from their money with really basic stuff, sometimes just a small set of signals! Context as we usually say...

But you can't blame me when I say that you mainly fleece suckers with bad procedures and bad moves. When I read such forums, it seems that only blind people and suckers are playing cards. I'm sorry mate, but it's wrong. Many players are educated, many places use strict procedures, a lot of people use cut cards and so on. Card playing is not a world full of suckers only!
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Neat little video.
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
His games in Cincinnati are a little different than yours, Arnold.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I understand that. What you don't understand is that I just tried to talk about the fact that more and more players are clever and use more and more strict procedures nowadays. Again, nothing against the guy!

I should have written "not that bad video, but not for every game".

It has became very difficult to open a debate in this forum Smile.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Hey Arnold, I love how you post about context being everything, and then when a video like this gets posted, you get all "Pfah! Wouldn't work at my table". Yeah, context is everything, unless it's a different context than yours, in which case it's not relevant. You're so silly.

EDIT: And saying "The day you do that at my table without being noticed I give you 50£" is not a debate, it's not an insightful comment, it's an out and out dismissal of the video.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Dismissal? Nonsense.

Anyway, if that's the way you wanna understand it, feel free.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, for what it's worth (not much), the video didn't impress me, either. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle.

Mr Z (who may not be the best in the world, but simply the best who ever bothers to post videos of his work) doesn't fiddle. He just moves.

AMcD also doesn't fiddle. He just moves.

And others I have immense respect for in this forum don't fiddle. They just do the work.

The difference is everything.

But I'm not going to define fiddling tonight. I just downloaded "The Secret of Monkey Island" for my new iPod, and I'm gonna go play it.

Of course, I will dream about fiddling with cards....
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Im with Arnold on this one. Regardless of procedure, in hands, ect- that all seemed pretty obvious to me.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Splice,

You disappoint me man. I appreciate your posts usually but that time it's just a free attack on me.

Context is of course the rule #1 in card play. No way to deny that. But context doesn't mean card tables are full of blind suckers seeing nothing, paying attention to nothing, taking care about nothing.

You're a serious guy usually, let's keeping it that way. The move the guy does at 5", with the card rotating slowly, can you stare at me and maintain it's gonna fool anyone, it's gonna fly in one game? Gimme a break!
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Eh, he's just "rusty"
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
The guy didn't admit he's "rusty" for nothing. Technique and performance shouldn't be your focus of the video.

Arnold,

1) If you are complaining about procedure, then note that he plays much different games than you. Despite your admittance of understanding this, you clearly don't.
2) If you are complaining about technique, then note that even he admits he's rusty, so get off his balls.
3) If you are complaining just for the sake of complaining and boasting about "your games," which you do quite well, then we can't touch you -- you're debating an issue that doesn't exist. Please, carry on typing with your foot in your mouth -- "Context is everything," right? Then stick by it.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I talk about *MY* games as you say because in the past some members here pointed out that when talking about card games it's very important to differentiate everyone's experience. And they were right! The games I play are probably very different from the ones you play. If you have ever played. I don't want to be offensive, but I've been too many times insulted by people not even knowing what an ante is!

What I'm gonna stick to is my freedom of speech mate. I'm fed up with people always talking and criticizing but showing nothing. I'm bored with stubborn people always reading and understanding what they want to understand and nothing more.

I've never said the guy was bad or his technique was crap. I play cards for 27 years pal, I know there are a plenty of different ways to play and swindle people. But what I know too is that all people are not stupid or blind. If you find this video awesome and credible, it's your right and I respect your advice. It's my own right to have a different advice.

The guy has made money using those moves? It's great and I'm happy for him. But you won't convince me he was playing anything else than blind and gullible players! Feel free to be impressed by everything. I'm not.

BTW: thank you for making me open a dictionary. I didn't know the word rusty. I'm not English speaking native, never forget that either.
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
I give up.

I can only hope that one day you'll have an epiphany, realizing that not all games for decent money are like your "tight as a drum" UK pub games.

Just for the record, I have yet to state anything on my opinion of the video.
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
... cool vid.
webstercolby
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of webstercolby
Nice video. thanks for the upload.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
I live in Cincinnati, guess I'd better be careful when I play cards Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Rusty Card Cheat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL