The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Frosting a Window (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I need an idea on how to immediately "frost" a window with the wave of a hand, etc. I need to be able to write on it, like you might do on a car window in the wintertime.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
There are several ways I can think of off the top of my head to do it. Of course, a lot depends on the nature of what you're doing. Will this be an existing window (I.E. of a house, store, etc), or a prop window used on stage?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
It will be a prop window - a preliminary effect to another routine. I have thought of using carbon dioxide, but I can't figure out a way to control it without having some sort of nozzle in my hand. I also thought about steam, but the steam rising wouldn't be the effect I'm looking for. I also thought of double-pane glass with the "frost" in the center. Easy to control, but how do you write on it?

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

If the window were sprayed from behind with a cold liquid, and there was enough moisture in the air of the performance location, would that cause the front of the glass to "fog"?

I'm thinking like when you hold a can of "dusting spray" upside down and refrigerant comes out...

Joe
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
First thing that came to mind was to use baby powder in a way that would leave a light dusting on the glass to appear fogged.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There is a glass that is "Frosted" and turns clear when electricity is run through it. When the juice (Power) is turned off the glass would fog or frost up immediatly. The problem then would be how to look like you are writing on the surface. Do you have to use your finger or can you use a pen or other device?
Dave Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Frosting a Window (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL