The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » "Do It Again" Audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
fritzcm
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of fritzcm
@dougini Something like that happened to me as well. This friend of mine saw me do magic for the first time and he ran out of the house cursing. For a big African American, he sure can run fast. He's the same person saying, "Can you do it again?" I moved on the another trick and this time he grabbed the money (good thing it's not the gaffed one) then went to the toilet to examine it.

Now the difficult part, "Okay, so if I give you my money, can you do it as well?"

I was stuck.
Br//Fritz
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Just say: "no" and move on. Come on, its not as if were doing real magic. It s a challenge and informal performances are always full of challenges.

When they say: "can you do that again?" I reply with: "Ofcourse, look" and move on to another routine. If they want to REALLY see that other trick again I just say: "no I cant do that one again, too hard" and move on.

If they say: "Do that again or else" I say; "or else what" while laughing. When they put me to a challenge I just say: No I cant do it like that, move to someone else and say: "here look xxxxx"
fritzcm
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of fritzcm
@MichielTummers I guess you are right. There is no need to be so defensive when they ask about it.
Br//Fritz
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
Yes I too was wondring what to do in this situation. I think I like the "yes, but let me show you a better one" or something along those lines. Also, family and friends are a VERY tough audience Smile but good practice I guess hehe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » "Do It Again" Audience (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL