The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PSYCHO By Daniel MADISON (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi Guys,

I recently delved back into the strange world of Daniel Madison and purchased Psycho, This is a great book with a great handful of effects as always but one effect took my interest and I went out and performed it, the effect is actually called PSYCHO, from a shuffled deck a spectator is asked to name any card, this is removed from the deck, any random person/stranger is asked if they would mind taking part in a psychological experiment, they are shown the back of the playing card and asked to imagine if they could see through the card what would it be? And low and behold..... they name the selected card.

This has a very clever concept to it, very bold, impromptu and to the spectator a genuine test of psychology that stuns...

Has anyone else on here had a look or performed any of the routines from this masterpiece?

R
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Rus,

I also bought it, but I havent had a chance to read it.

One question, will psycho work in another language?

I just skimmed through it.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
These routines sound quite clever and interesting. Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Sean
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi BMWguy,

Yes this will work in any language, it truly is a clever concept, when I read it I just laughed to myself because of its simplicity and sheer boldness, on the flip side from a spectators point of view it looks and appears to be proper mind play.

There are other effects that are very good in this book but this one took my interest the most.

Cheers

R
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Video anywhere?
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
No video I'm afraid, this is just an effect ive taken a fancy to from the book.

R
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I love BOLD techniques, once you overcome the weird feeling or what some call the guilt feeling, Boldness can and is super strong, I think it was a lecture by Eugene Burger , many years ago where he touched on it, and I have used many effects since then, that require something very bold, but with just a tiny bit of verbal or visual misdirection, it is almost natural.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
I agree dave,

I work performing close up in bars and nightclubs across the southwest and bold magic is whats on order, I feel it is the most fun to perform, kinda reminds me of what it was like when I started performing 10 years ago, that fear of getting caught,its like a personel challenge to myself, also I like to see how far the bouderies of magic can be pushed, just to see what IS possible to get away with in certain situations

Bold is fun!

R
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Okay, I had to do it. Page 4 is worth the price (which contains a checklist for the most likely suggestible people). The psychological forces are all good, more importantly it helps people to think about structuring/scripting their own...that is gold.

The Psycho is a clever idea and is bold indeed. I am sure this could be very effective, if done with confidence and belief. There are ideas in print that use similar ruses, but not exactly in this way. Cool.

Confession: Okay, I don't know how I missed Daniel's stuff, but I bought his "Limited Edition-Inside" which also had his ebook suite (for a very reasonable price). The man is an evil genius. If he thought in any more a "lateral fashion" he would spend his entire life laying down. Very interesting ideas and I am sure that ALL of his mental card material would amaze our intended audiences (real people, I hope), and in addition, they are sneaky enough to deceive any of us.

Sean
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I agree that bold is fun. But what's more fun is when something is sure-fire so then you can fully focus on presentation with peace-of-mind. It's not to say that Psycho is no good---obviously, it has received good reviews.

Regards,
Mike
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Glad you thought the same Sean, I have all of Daniels work and have had the pleasure of working on The Advocate with him, which was a great project,that to is in the book INSIDE.

All of his routines are pretty ballsy and that's what I like about his work, he is an evil genius and a clever one at that.

I havent had the chance to try out the Psycho deck effect yet, but it looks again like a very devious and clever concept. Reminds of the Fluffer deck routine by Paul Harris.

All the best

R
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Yea, I have psycho too. I scanned it quickly and can see there is some real intense content.

J
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Performed it.

Very easy.

Guy had no clue.

A fantastic piece with a deck of cards.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » PSYCHO By Daniel MADISON (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL