The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Building/Buying a Magic Trunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

incredibrent
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of incredibrent
Hi,

I really need something to keep my magic in when I do shows. I am mostly doing kid's parties right now but I am hoping to grow as time goes on and I would like to either purchase or make something that can be easily carted around and keep a variety of magic supplies in. I was hoping some of you might be able to share some thoughts on what has/hasn't worked for you.

Thanks,
Brent
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Gotta make your own, out of plywood, brass hardware, wheels optional, leather to cover, brass or furniture tacks, felt or velvet to line the trunk, make a false bottom, create a lip in the middle to able to hold a take out tray, make it also into a light/heavy chest while your at it, side handles, gaff the lid of the trunk. And you get to determine the size of it based on what you need to carry so it is completely custom to your needs. Sounds like a fun project. Make it either trunk or vertical so that you would be able to but a table top close up mat on it which you could also make your self also, just remember to get a cushy foam for the coin work and make sure to test a coin on the fabric's nap, some can be unidirectional.
OR
Office supply store for wheeled carts
OR
Antique store for a steampunk trunk and get a foldable handtruck. Rig a motor of some sort to make a knocking sound from the inside.
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
I use a road case (like bands use) and a fold up hand truck. You don't need anything fancy if you are just using it to hold props. I don't really use a table in my show, so it doesn't need to double as a table.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Well what are you using now?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You should have posted this in the "Workshop" area, and maybe you would have seen this thread - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=26&62 This is the only free suit case table plans available.

Magic Inc. sells plans for the Palmer table as well as an all aluminum model.

If you do not want to make your own, lacking skill with wood or equipment, the next suggestion is purchase a Lefler table or a Fairchild table. Fairchild is twice as expensive, but looks really good. Lefler table is very popular and will serve you a lifetime.

Depending on your choice of material in your show will really decide what type of table will work for you. Knowing what works for others will not help in any way, unless you do identical tricks in your acts or shows.

If you are a beginner, just use a card table and set your props on the table, I would suggest a table cloth to make it look better. Carry you props in a foot locker trunk, prefer with wheels. Make custom padded bags for all your props to keep them looking good longer. Quilting material helps this along, as it already has padding attached.

Prop management is one of the hardest jobs for a magician, take it seriously.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Building/Buying a Magic Trunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL