The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Greater Gospel Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of mnmagic
I have long been a fan of Mr. Laflin's work and ministry and now finding he has released a such monumental work, I am delighted. However, cash is tight and although I know I will be adding it to my library, the question is when.

Could someone who has it breakdown the contents of it or list the chapters? I did some looking through old posts and was not able to find a review. Forgive me if I missed it.

PS I sincerely apologize for mispelling Mr. Laflin's name and using the wrong title. It was late when I posted and didn't realize. I meant no disrespect to him or our craft and have edited this post accordingly.

Shawn
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Shawn; Duane's book is 320 pgs. in hardcover and the Table of Contents are:

Introduction: What is GM and its history?
Section 1: Essays on the Nature and Performance of GM.
Section 2: Top ten GM routines.
Section 3: Four kinds of GMs
Section 4: Developing your show
Section 5: Do's and Don't for GMs (48 pgs)
Section 6: More ideas (20+ routines)

I believe every serious Gospel Magician, particularly those starting out, should read this book (several times!).

Blessings,
Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Phred
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Phred
Agreed. It is an excellent resource. It is not just a book of tricks with a gospel message (something poorly) grafted on as an afterthought. It deals with the history and theory of gospel magic as an avocation.
cfleming
View Profile
New user
Chris Fleming Long Beach, Ca.
81 Posts

Profile of cfleming
I agree with all the above. This is an excellent volume. It truly gives Gospel magic the respect it deserves. and challenges all of us to raise our peformance standards.
I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem.
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
139 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
I agree too. It is an excellent resource and a professionally well done book. If you cannot afford the book, perhaps you might be interested in Duane's manuscripts. Some of the material in the manuscripts is repeated in the Greater Gospel Magic book. I'm not sure if he still sells them since I just checked his web site and don't see them there. If not, that's too bad, because there was still material in them that was not included in the book. I bought a manuscript specifically to read a Gospel routine using the Pom Pom pole.

FYI, his web site is http://www.laflinmagic.com
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
mnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of mnmagic
Thanks everyone for the replies, especially Doug for the contents. I am glad it is posted now, so others might learn more about this resource. I will be buying it soon.

Shawn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Greater Gospel Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL