The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Pictures of my first day! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KendallScot
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, Colorado
133 Posts

Profile of KendallScot
To everyone who helped me get ready for my 1st day busking after 25 years,thanks for all of your help! My friend took a lot of pictures so I had proof!

The day was a very hard one and I made no money, but the real payment was the experience and just "getting out there and doing it" Priceless...

The pictures are all from my one and only show that day. Not only did I forget a lot of things (memory problem and stress) but I didn't realize until I saw these pictures that I forgot to put on my tie and forgot to take off my sunglasses! I was a wreck, but a happy wreck...

here they are:

http://s958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/......t%20day/

I hope the link works!

Thanks again everone!
Kendall Scot

"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives will be filled with joy"
**Doug Henning**

"I drank WHAT?""
**Socrates**
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Kenadall:

Congratulations.

The link worked and you looked great! That's a sharp vest you have...where'd you get it? Does it have any extra pockets?

Looks like you and your audience were having fun. That, along with the experience is what counts...keep it up!

Also, really love your table. Is it custom-made?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
KendallScot
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, Colorado
133 Posts

Profile of KendallScot
Thanks imgic (how do you pronounce that?)

The vest was a fantastic find in a vintage shop. It's a vintage Pierre Cardin tux vest that I have not altered (yet). I've looked everywhere online and can't find another like it. I took it to an old-school tuxedo shop and they said they used to see vests like it in the 70s or so. I'm always looking for another one...

The table is my own design and custom build. It's a trunk top with easy removable legs that store in the lid. Inside I made resizable sections to separate the props and keep everything from getting all messed up while I roll it to and from the pitch. About one minute to setup and one to tear down and with a suitcase cart and hand-made rain cover I'm good for any situation. It took forever to get the legs right and I'm working on a new design where all 4 legs unfold and lock with a "flick of the wrist".

The thought of marketing the trunk table has crossed my mind...

;-)
Kendall Scot

"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives will be filled with joy"
**Doug Henning**

"I drank WHAT?""
**Socrates**
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
We pronounced it "em - jick" In my high school days had a cousin with Amatuer Magician's Handbook that got me interested in all this stuff. In typical adolesence style we tried coming up with a cool sounding magic word...came up with "imgic"...though "ish-ka-bibble" was a close second.

I would love a set up like that. I have an old suitcase I put on waiters stand. It's an older samsonite. I keep scouring antique stores looking for an old leather suitcase...but can never find right one...either too small, not wide enough, too beat up...etc.

I've heard of old traveling salesmen cases that had legs attached to case and set up with flick of the wrist...but have not been able to find anything.

I'm betting there could be a market for that...

Again, congrats and keep us posted...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
If they have stores in your neck of the woods, check for a vest in Burlington Coat Factory. I saw some there a few months ago, and they were very reasonably priced.
SilvaAce
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
156 Posts

Profile of SilvaAce
Kendall, congrats on going out,don't be discouraged by the tough day. Today your only reward was the experience, but soon it will pay off in so many other ways. I am still waiting to go out for my first time. The weather has had me on lockdown for about 2 weeks now. It's been killing me, every day feels like a week. I put in a lot of work and practice this winter so I feel ready to hit the pitch. Stories and photos like yours keep me sane. Thanks and don't wait another 25 years to go out for your second shot.LOL
All you have to do to change your life, is to change your daily habits!

Carlos Silva
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Pictures of my first day! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL