The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Workshop and lecture with David Ginn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
I had the pleasure of attending a workshop/lecture hosted by David Ginn this past Sunday. It was one of the best lectures I've attended in a long time. If you are doing magic for the little darlings, you need to make it a point to attend one of his lectures.
I liked his easy going style and presentation. He conveyed a wealth of information on how to script a kid show, what they like, what they don't like, what works, what won't work.

He has numerous books and DVDs. If you wonder what experience he has to do lectures, he's been in the business for over 30 years and he still does 300 plus shows every year at schools, churches, etc. I told him I would put in a good word for him here at the forum and this is it. Check out his web site at ginnmagic.com.

No I'm not associated with David in any way other than I attended his terrific lecture. I encourage any kid show performer to check out David Ginn if you want to gain insight into how to make money in this area of magic.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki and Jim Gerrish also caught David's Kid Biz Workshop on their way home from Vermont on Sunday (6/20/10). It must have been a great experience because all the rest of the way back to New Jersey, Qua-Fiki filled up a note book with ideas inspired by David. I picked out one to be published soon as a Magic Nook e-Book, after hunting down David and getting his permission. Qua-Fiki had Jim buy him one of David's Sheep Dog Arm Puppets and wrote out the script for turning it into "Wonder Dog" for his latest book on "Super Hero Magic" on my site.

For me, the worth of a lecture or workshop has always been not how many ideas you get from the presenter, but how many ideas the experience ignites within your own imagination. That seems to be a skill that David continues to exude from the time I first saw him lecture in the 1980's until today. Long may he electrify!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Workshop and lecture with David Ginn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL