The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » On The Floor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1164 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
What's shakin' guys! I found this review of my lecture notes "On The Floor" and since there isn't one here at the Café I thought I'd share it here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

This review comes from ATH over at the Theory11 forums...

"Hey guys,

This is a review on Luke Dancy's On the Floor notes. They can be purchased here: http://www.lukedancy.com/onthefloor.html

This PDf consists of 7 effects, using ice cubes, pencils, cards, soda caps (and imaginary phones). At only $15, this is a real steal. There's some really great stuff in here.

Teaching-- The teaching in here is just right: not too much detail; not too little. It is easy to understand and is well written with very few typos (if any). There are pictures showing the moves, but the effects are so easy to follow along they are almost not necessary.

Effects-- As I said earlier, there is some great Dancy Mischief in here. There are 7 effects:

Sandwich Way Did They Go??: This is a really great sandwich effect with a kicker ending.

A Misleading Situation: A sick effect where you sharpen a pencil with your bare hands. This comes across as a real miracle to the spectators - perfect for street magic or pretty much any other venue. Two methods are given.

Pop-Pop-Pop: Another sweet card effect where the mates of the spectator's selection pop out of nowhere. Very surprising.

Cubed Up: A simple effect where you suck an ice cube up a straw. This is great thinking and perfect for an impromptu trick.

Please Try Again: Probably My favorite effect on here. You open a bottle of soda hoping to win a prize. You look at the cap and it says "Please Try Again". You give the spectator the bottle to try it, and now the cap says they won. This is a great idea for a street magic effect.

Sekul Tuc: A nice false cut that is used as the base for The Dancy Revelation, available for download at Theory 11.

9-1-1: Another card effect where you use "emergency cards" to locate the selection and the mates.

The PDF was produced very well. There is definitely an effect for everyone, so go support Luke and pick this up!"

I'm finishing up my new DVD and hitting the road soon for some lectures so be on the lookout for some new material and a few more PDFs popping up as well.

luke
Irving Quant
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Irving Quant
I've known Luke for a very long time and I've seen a few of these things. I like his work, and I like his thinking, and I'm sure you guys will too!
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
428 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
Luke kindly sent me his PDF as he wanted an unbiaised review. We don't know each other and it would be stupid to put my name on a bad product. Fortunately, I like previous works of Mr Dancy. I bought Misprint a few years ago (and laughed when I saw the gimmick) and I still have to get his dvd, Magic for the Eyes. So I was flattered but also excited to get through this ebook.

Sandwich Way Did They Go??: This reminded me some work from Cameron Francis or Aldo Colombini. He twists a famous plot to surprise you at the end of the trick. I like sandwich routines and there are plenty of them so it may be just one more but one that you will use. Pretty easy to do and looks clean ans direct. No fancy move. And impromptu!

A Misleading Situation: This one reminds me some Jay Sankey or Jesse Feinberg work. Funny and cool. People will remember this one. The main version uses a gimmick but fortunately, the author gives an alternate handling in which you use a gimmick that you can build yourself.

Pop-Pop-Pop: Visual and very fun. The only downside is that you're supposed to know how to perform the Pop-out move. But this is an elegant revelation and a surprising ending. Small set up required.

Cubed Up: Very funny, almost absurd (in a good way, really magical. Again, the author shares valuable tips that gives you no reason not to try it.

Please Try Again: I like when humor is part of the effect. I don't know if these winning caps are still available in Europe, but eventually I have a variation. It seems that they put the freshness date in the inside part of some caps (note that I haven't checked this yet...). So maybe, you can start by having a cap with an past date (like BEST BEFORE 05/2009) and say "I can't drink that... I may not be able to change the bottle but maybe if I change this..." and then you show the new date (BEST BEFORE 09/2010. A real winner!

Sekul Tuc: Cool and effective false cut. I like that it is pretty brief so it doesn't really look like "extreme" sleight unlike many false cuts.

9-1-1: Again a funny trick. You don't really need it but the author suggests in a variation the use of double faced tape. Not surprising from Luke Dancy.

In conclusion, I recommend the ebook if you like his previous work and if you want visual magic definitively designed for the real world.
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Raphael, get Magic For The Eyes. VERY cool dvd. You'll like it a lot, I reckon. Luke's stuff is always fun and cool. And how many of us have come up with variations of his Royale With Cheese plot? A true neo classic!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
428 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
Yes, it is on my neverending shopping list, along with BBM dvds including yours, Stephen Tucker and Peter Duffie dvds and books, and many more haha Smile
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm working on getting down 'Sandwich Way Did They Go??' I've been a big fan of his magic since getting his DVD 'Magic For The Eyes'. He's a very clever fellow!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Luke does have some pretty sweet stuff. Magic for the Eyes is one of my favorite dvds. He has ran a few effects in Genii and Magic as well that were pretty sweet. I really liked his theory 11 download, so I will have to get these notes eventually...

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
This is some pretty sweet stuff!

Regards,
Mike
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1164 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I've been getting some great reviews for the ON THE FLOOR notes. Here's another one that I found over at the Theory11 forums from Cedric Taylor.

"First Impressions is really important, and you will really like the PDF format of Luke Dancy's "On the Floor". The title itself caught me by surprise as I'm really into the thinking behind the artists effects and theories. Luke left nothing out.

Sandwich Way Did They Go?: Anyone who knows me know that I am not a card guy. With that being said, This effect kills, why??? I love surprises, and to extend that to your audience is gold. Luke Does that in the particular sandwich which which leaves your audience thinking you're using trick cards. Best of all, this can be done with a borrowed deck and no setup.

A Misleading Situation: My favorite effect in the PDF, this trick has the performer to sharpen a brand new unsharpened pencil with your Bare Hands!!! YOUR BARE HANDS!!! Of course, there are other effect out there, but I love Luke's thinking. There is an alternative method as well. As much as it is magical, the thinking behind this trick is what I like to call "slick as hell".

Pop-Pop-Pop: This demonstration goes to show that Luke is a student of the game as well as a skilled card-worker. You will also notice how Dancy utilizes some classic moves to perform yet more Dancy Mischief. This you gotta see to believe.

Cubed Up: In this particular routine. Luke demonstrates how a large piece of ice incapable of fitting in a tiny straw somehow find its way up a straw and in your mouth. Sounds complicated huh? Well its an impromptu effect that I performed just a few minutes ago at Burger King.

Please Try Again: This one was hard for me. Even I was surprised at the reactions. This is more of a testimony. I performed this effect at our local Double Quick and the guy at the counter jaws literally dropped. Here's why: You uncap a 20 oz. drink of your choice which clearly states "Please Try Again". When the spectator ( the clerk) was shown that I had obviously won nothing. I gave him the bottle and he recapped it himself. I had him to remember the feeling of what its like to win something. Seconds later, he uncaps the bottle....turn over the cap....."Free 20 oz. Drink" is now under the cap. Amazing!!! There is an alternate version also.

Sekul Tuc: If you are a flourisher, then this is a the perfect utility move for you. This goes to show that Luke is well rounded when it comes to magic. If you are reading this beyond this point, you have waisted 2 minutes of your life not purchasing this book. What are you waiting for???

9-1-1: This effect shows a funnyman side of Luke. What happens in this demonstration calls for "emergency cards" and a phone to find the spectators card. This allows you to use your surroundings to help make a magical moment. Perfect for ending a card routine.

Overall Thoughts: On The Floor is more than a bunch of effects. They allow you to adapt them to your surroundings and also allow you to use these ideas for other effects. I was also educated at how some of the most simplistic moves and motions can alter and give meaning to creating an effect. Luke Dancy is so devious with his methods, to the point I kinda hate him for coming up with this before I did.

I would recommend buying this for sure. There's something for all styles. Nuff Said."

-CT-
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Luke also has a new DVD out called Sin City:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

and...Sandwich Way Did They Go? is on it. I love that routine and looking forward to seeing Luke doing it!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1164 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Chris,

Thanks for giving the guys a heads up! Murphy's has these in stock but mine are still in the hands of UPS. I'm going to be running a nice promotion on my site for the people on my mailing list once these arrive so if you anyone here isn't on my mailing list please join on the front page of http://www.lukedancy.com right down there at the bottom left corner.

Your secrets are safe with me and remember..what happens in Vegas...turns into a magic DVD called Sin City.

luke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » On The Floor (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL