The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » DeLorian by Dave Forrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
outsider-80
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of outsider-80
Thanks for the download! I just finished watching it and it is a beautiful and very well thought out effect. I'm practicing the fold now and cannot wait to perform this.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Dang!1

I'm alway's late to the party for stuff like this!

Very nice of you though Dave.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
octave
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of octave
Thanks Dave for the complimentary copy.

DeLorian is a great routine. The cellophane part in the end is the killer. Dave shows a subtlety that makes the entire thing look very deceptive.

I have to agree with Cameron, the entire 'Time Travel' presentation fits in great. The great part is that you end up clean, and you can even apparently begin clean (which Dave mentions in the 'Other Ideas' section).

DeLorian actually reminded me of Cameron's FreshMint, another extremely deceptive effect. Now, if I could only find a clever way of combining the both...

Rating: 4.5/5

BTW, a little tip for people viewing the DeLorian explanation. I prefer watching the videos by opening the .flv files in the FLV folder using RealPlayer. This is because I don't get much volume when playing from within the browser, but it works great in RealPlayer. Also, you then view the videos full screen without any major distortions.

-octave
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks for the review Octave - glad you like DeLorian!

Funny you should mention 'Fresh Mint' - the similarities occured to me too and I mentioned it to Cameron in an e-mail...great minds think alike I suppose! Smile

And, yes - regards the FLV files - very good point. You do not need to open these files within the 'player' provided. Browsing to the folder entitled FLV within the DeLorian folder will allow you to watch the files individually in any number of free external video players, like Real Player as mentioned. And, you can watch the videos in full screen this way if you so choose but you will lose some resolution.

Thanks,

Dave.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Thank you Dave, for the complimentary copy of DeLorian. After viewing the videos, I can say without a doubt that DeLorian is a thing of sheer genius! Once again, Dave has come up with a new,fresh, and original approach to a classic effect. The concept used in Delorian is sure to bring a smile to your face. If you have not yet purchased DeLorian, you should have no hesitation to do so. DeLorian is a masterpiece.
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
Has Dave Forrest ever released a bad product? If so, I haven't seen one.

Just finished watching DeLorian, and I was fooled by the performance. Great stuff Dave.

Thanks,

James Colonna
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Initial thoughts review:

Here's my initial mini review - I have not yet tried this working, but will do this coming weekend.

Bias rating: 5/10
OK, a mid range score on the bias scale as I was considering picking this up, when Dave offered some comp. copies for review - one of which I was sent. However, since I have declared my freebie status, you shall judge me fairly!

Download quality: 9/10
Seemless, problem free download. Chapters making viewing a doddle. Clear instruction, decent enough presentation and quality sound. After watching, there were no unanswered questions, mysteries or issues.

The gimmick-o-meter: 9/10
Two versions of the gimmick, each with their own advantages. I've knocked up the deluxe version for test purposes. Total construction time.. 5 minutes (well I did have to make a cup of tea as well!). Difficulty level - easy peasy.
Both version require something, which I would be very surpised if you didn't have in the house / flat / boat

The routine: subjective 5/10 or 8.5/10
I do mainly strolling work. The main routine is very nice, but perhaps a bit long and table based for my main work (note - very easily adapted / cut down). I would definitely use this in a less busy environment e.g. house / garden party, small parlour show.
As far as I can remember, all the main sleights are taught, including the card fold (perhaps not all the DL variations).
But then this was not why I fancied this..

The Cameron Francis helpful person rating: 10/10
Dave can be hard to get hold of at times (not unreliable, just hard). Cameron was kind enough to help me with a bit of pre-purchase advice.

The wife test rating: 9/10
Does magic testing face any stricter or tougher trial? Yes, the kids; but that aside...
After a basic run thorugh, I tried a basic card routine with a MCF card to box finish, and while she was not stunned, she was baffled. The wife has seen me fold endless old cards over the years, but never picked up on the Delorian gimmick work.

Difficulty rating: 2/10 or 6/10
Are you a reasonably experienced hobbyist or worker, that'll be 2/10, easy. Just taken up card magic? Then I'll give it a 6/10 as it will require a bit of effort to get smooth (not by any means a knuckle buster).

Initial overall rating: 9/10
Why so high? Because it is a very nice, easy to use, practical 'impossible location' which is not a wallet, and does not require the carrying of any other props.
I will be using this for real people this weekend, so I'll truely give it a good workout.
I'll use it as an ending for a (yet undecided) routine; and I'll be playing with it as a final kicker to James Brown's (first three phases) card under box routine.

It's a very versatile tool.

Charlie
PS I'll be visiting Dave's site to buy something in the next day or two. Delorian is that good, getting it as a freebie makes me feel I ought to..
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Talk about a missed opporunity...gigging at the weekend missed the comp offer...lol..ill still pick this up..
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I was lucky enough to receive a Comp Copy.

May I just say, Delorian is just brilliant! Smile
The Gimmick is very simple, the patter is brilliant, the teaching is crystal clear, and it is a real stunner. It is superb, and is extremely clean. Smile
9/10 Highly Recommended!
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
I am very well Dave ! How are you pal ? Defo be at Blackpool.

Having tested this out at a wedding on sat. This played great, I love the card to impossible location plot ! What I like what Daves done here is he has used organic props a card case, I toyed between Delorian & my own effect all day as I didn't need anything else at all that I wouldn't already carry with me & in this case the card box.

2 variations I tried, putting the box in between a spectators hands sandwiching the card case & at tables in the centre on top of a glass, both played very very strong indeed, the 1st version more being in the spectators hands.

I made a deluxe version as the reset & performability made sense.

An effect I will be using !

All in all Dave has done a great job all round

Cheers

Mark Southworth
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hey Mark! Glad to hear it's getting real world use!

Thanks for the review man - see you at BP in Feb!

All the best,

Dave.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Just a heads up.

You can now get DeLorian half price when you pre-order 'Project Zero' from the website!

What's 'Project Zero'? Well, it's my 'long been in the pipeline' DVD on effects involving holes! You can get a flavour of the DVD and learn an effect from it for FREE right now - the very cool and extremely practical 'Sink Hole' - CHECK OUT THE VIDEO!

All the best,

Dave.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Just a quickie, I did a strolling gig at a garden party / bar-b-q today (over 31 degrees, phew it was hot!) and tried this once. I would have used it more, but didn't have time to practice it enough this week to give it the full green light.
Anyhow, during a set, I did this as the ending for a basic 'Biddle' trick (which lends itself to this kind of ending).
A very good reaction as I revealed the card and I just put the card case in my pocket (at fingertips) without any cleanup needed.
Suffice to say, the reaction was good enough that I will be working on this for full inclusion in the working repertoire. The effect is very strong.

Charlie
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
Dave,

Awesome job on Sink Hole. Your generous for giving the trick away, and I plan on using it.

I don't think this has been mentioned. But this trick has kind of a "Mystery Box" feel to it, but instead of the card in the box it's on the outside of it.

I'm curious to know if anyone else agrees with me. Overall though I like this trick.
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
428 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
Just bought it, very simple gimmick but very clever subtleties and routines. The time travel plot is very appealing to me.
The best thing is how you clean it easily so everything is examinable. Liked the blue back routine too.

You can't go wrong buying it.

Raph.
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » DeLorian by Dave Forrest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL