The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » First try... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
I have read RIP and watched the DVD many times.
I finished watching the Mandchurian Approach.
I saw the induction part many times.

I then decided to try it on my girlfriend.
She is Japanese but more than fluent in French (my native langage).

I began by setting up the thing...
"Do you wanna try something fun?"
"Do you wanna be hypnotised?"

Then I went into the basic set...

The finger thing worked but she said "it is perfectly normal we do this to children in Japan".

Then I moved on the hands. I think the space was to wide. After a few minutes they were not touching.

So I decided to move on...

I took her wrist. Made her fix a point in her palm. Eyes change focus.
"Relax more and more". "Sleep!"

Nothing happened. I tried an other time... Still nothing.

I was pretty confident this would work...
But now I do not wanna try on her before more practice and thinking.
I do not want to kill the rest of confidence I have left.

As she knows me very well it might be difficult for her to see me as the Hypnotist.

We are both into relaxation stuffs, but she doubt hypnosist can work.
Now she doubts even more.

What do you think?

Anyway I will go again through the Manchurian Approach and Reality is Plastic.
I signed up with one of Anthony's workshop.

Should I try again before the workshop? I wonder...

Thanks for reading!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I really like Anthony's materials and I think he is a great thinker, but here's the problem I have with material of this type or any type of book, course, or DVD on Hypnosis (not just Anthony's but anyone's). YOU ARE NOT A HYPNOTIST! But you are expecting the results of a hypnotist.

What you are proving is you can't just read/watch something, memorize or repeat it, and expect the results you are expecting. If it were this easy and effective, anyone and everyone could or would be doing it. Be realistic. Just because you watch a documentary on open heart surgery, even if the surgeon explained every step of the process and why and the desired results, and you viewed this program over and over again, would you somehow feel you were qualified to do open heart surgery and effect someone's life? Of course not - how ridiculous.

The finger test is not hypnosis. It is often used as a test or warm-up/set-up type of demonstration to demonstrate the possibilities of response or to try to condition the subject to think they are somehow responding properly, or that you somehow know what you're doing, but you're not being a hypnotist. With respect to the hypnotists that offer this information, this is one of the great weaknesses and misconceptions of these resources - people think if the read and try everything contained in the resource they will be a hypnotist and expect the results of a true experienced professional hypnotist.

Lozax, I'm sorry things didn't work the way you had expected. In reality there were probably a dozen or more factors that played a key role into the results you received. Please realize that even though you read or viewed Anthony's great materials, you still are not a trained hypnotist and my bet would be you still do not have a true understanding of what hypnosis is, how it works and how to apply it to get the results you desired. Perhaps the best you should be hoping for is to have SOME success with some of the segments of the material you learned and attempted.

The one think I think you are truly correct in from your post is to seek some professional training if you truly are interested in learning hypnosis as a science and art form. If you are just looking for a few cool tricks then you may be fine with what you're doing.
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
Thanks a lot!
Be sure I did not take your comment wrong!
I know I am far from being an Hypnotist.
My first idea was to receive some direct training before trying anything.
As I read an other post saying something like "I have been trough the Mandchurian Approach and worked on the induction for two weeks before trying it on a friend and I was amazed it worked..." I decided I was gonna give it a try...
I continue going over the material I have and will wait the training before trying anything else.
Thanks again!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is why this stuff works better on strangers. THEY DON'T KNOW YOU'RE NOT A HYPNOTIST.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
People trust strangers, for some odd reason.

Regards,
Mike
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I don't know but I've always thought having the belief that there is no hypnotist only the hypnosis to be much more effective and easier as a form of learning.

Your attention should be on your subjects and the process not yourself. Plus framed this way is less likely to create resistance.

People will attempt to make it work rather than it being turned into a challenge.
Otherwise why would they take part?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
When you frame it that way, which is the way I always do, it does take away the impulse to resist. If you make it about the process and not about the person attempting to demonstrate the process it helps huge yes as MP said.

The idea that it is ¨self hypnosis¨is also very helpful. Who would resist themself? Plus if you frame it as it takes a strong mind to be able to do it, that sort of reenforcement helps too.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Quote:
People trust strangers, for some odd reason.

That is because without previous knowlege of who you are they have to accept you at face value and decide whether or not you are telling the truth. So if you are persuasive you can convince a stranger you are something you're not.
A friend or family member has a lot of prior experiance due to their accosiation with you, and have a pre-formed image of who and what you are. If you do something that is inconsistant with that image, they will automatically have doubts.

It is also a matter of how much prestige you have, if you claim to be a hypnotist, claim education, certification and experiance, you are using borrowed prestige until you confirm your claims by producing results consistant with what you told them. You can't do the same with those close to you, because they know better. Eventually you may, through effort, build enough prestige with those close to you for them to accept your claims. As in 'he has taken so many classes and become certified, so he must be able to produce results.' or 'wow I saw him hypnotize that person,' People close to you can believe in your claims only if they see a process vs a sudden transformation.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » First try... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL