The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Summer outdoor balloon twisting (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
It sucks to be doing balloons outdoor in the summer, they break all the time. Is there any way that you can try to reduce the breakage rate of the balloons?
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
Avoid the jewel tone colors and try to find some shade other then that it is all about being careful.

As always,
Dylan
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
Don't be afraid to bring your own shade! I use a 10X10 EZ up awning. It has a silver fabric in the top that helps to keep it cool under the awning. It does a great job. I know this is a pain for many, For me it's nearly a requirement. Diabetes Meds That I take require me to avoid prolonged sun and heat exposure. I think you can get one of the awnings for about a C note.
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Shade should be in your contract. No shade, no balloons. It's a mutually beneficial agreement, just educate the client. "If the balloons are in direct sunlight, they will pop much more frequently." Make it about the balloons, not about the fact that you will be uncomfortable. Also, I agree on jewel tones. Aside from onyx black, I have not bought a jewel tone in 4 years.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
Lady Vee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Lady Vee
I found that working with solids or carnival balloons makes a big difference. (after a very hot sumner of working in souther spain! with the more see through balloons - jewel ones I think). Also remember to keep them stored in a cool place and out of direct sunlight at all times!

Have to agree with Jest tho - keep in the shade!

Vee
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I've nearly quit all outdoor events in July, August and Sept. If I am guaranteed shade and a sizable fan, then I can usually get away with it
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
Ever notice that all balloon aprons and busking bags are black? I also often notice that the aprons used allow half or better of the balloons to hang out.

Black gets hot in the sun. A hot bag or apron means hot balloons. If your balloons are hanging out of the bag or apron they are directly exposed to the heat and humidity.

I use a twistemup busking bag that I ordered yellow. The bag completely encloses all of the balloons leaving only the tips exposed. My filbert pump is also yellow. It wasn't an accident. Yellow will not heat up in the sun like black will.

I also found the frame to a hikers pack in a flea market for 9 bucks I think. I'm currently working to mount a large parasol on the frame. So basically I'll have a really big umbrella mounted to my back.

I make a lot of balloon hats. If the balloon is on the kids head it isn't going to hit the ground and bust. Put a hat on a kid and hand someone a balloon dog. See which one is around 15 minutes later. I hate making swords. Within 5 minutes they are smacking the hot pavement with it and it busts.

I do not intend to give up outdoor work. My best show is in July.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Summer outdoor balloon twisting (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL