The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Troubleshooting with Essential Magic Conference (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Brenton Keith
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
31 Posts

Profile of Brenton Keith
I signed up for the Essential Magic Conference knowing I wouldn't be able to sit in front of the computer for all 16 hours. It said that the presentations would immediately be available on the website for viewing after the broadcast.

After a busy day, I came home excited to watch some of the 'sessions'. Unfortunately there is nothing there. I have emailed them, but no response yet- so here I am in here, wondering if any of you can shine some light here.

I know I'll get the DVD's mailed to me later on, but I was looking forward to instant gratification.

Thanks in advance.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
They will apparently be up sometime today.

Yes, they said "immediately," but as a producer myself, I'm not surprised that after the rush of getting the first day's conference up they weren't able to digitize as they go. (They must be recording to tape, not hard drive.) What I saw on the first day was good, although, like you, because of work I will be watching most of it on demand.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I paid for EMC and haven't been able to log in because they haven't sent my password. I tried contacting their 'contact us' link as I have checked my spam folder for password info and haven't recieved a reply. Anyone know who to contact for this?
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Eric try contact Luis de Matos by phone or email, hope this helps.

lmp@luisdematos.pt

phone: 236670670
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Eric, are you sure didn't go through the process to set up your password yourself? When I paid it took me straight to the sign-in page and I came up with my own password.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
A correction/update: Last night on Twitter's EMC account they said: "We will upload the first sessions in a few hours. Please log on and check our video page early tomorrow morning," which is why I posted. I asked on chat today during the conference (I was mostly working but cutting in and out of it on my desktop) and apparently now they are saying that they will be up when the three days are over. Hope it's sooner, but that's the latest.
sanman
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of sanman
"now they are saying that they will be up when the three days are over. Hope it's sooner, but that's the latest."

For some reason I assumed, as the previous poster, that even though I can't watch live I could catch up delayed a few hours later. What do they gain by waiting the three days except maybe ****ing some people off.

I'm not looking for editing. I would be happy to stream the raw.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I assumed that too. I am guessing its either a personnel issue related to the digitization, or else they have daily bandwidth limits.
sanman
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of sanman
"(They must be recording to tape, not hard drive.) "

I haven't seen any of the camera work except for the test broadcast earlier in the week (looked good).

I would think if they built a new studio then all of those cameras, even the portables, would be hardwired straight back to the console and straight to disk.

I assume they record in a much higher format than what is streamed to participants. Maybe Transcode?
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
It was announced during the session this morning that the sessions will be uploaded in stages, with, hopefully, the first session going up at the end of today. Also, apparently the final session this afternoon (here in the States) will be open to everyone, non-registrants included.
sanman
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of sanman
Good to hear.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2010-07-17 04:02, sanman wrote:
"(They must be recording to tape, not hard drive.) "

I haven't seen any of the camera work except for the test broadcast earlier in the week (looked good).

I would think if they built a new studio then all of those cameras, even the portables, would be hardwired straight back to the console and straight to disk.

I assume they record in a much higher format than what is streamed to participants. Maybe Transcode?

You are probably right.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Luis and the team are working very hard, while at the same time, operating at a financial loss. It is unsurprising that the on-demand feature has taken slightly longer than usual, this is an incredibly ambitious project. Rest assured that it is not for a lack of integrity or endeavour on the part of the EMC team. Please, just have patience, you will get everything that has been promised, and all for extraordinarily good value.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2010-07-17 15:10, Nick Wait wrote:
Rest assured that it is not for a lack of integrity or endeavour on the part of the EMC team. Please, just have patience, you will get everything that has been promised, and all for extraordinarily good value.

Wasn't suggesting otherwise. It's been a good event, and I'm looking forward to catching what I missed as they are uploaded.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Does anyone know if the dvds of this event can be bought later ?
sanman
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of sanman
One inconvenience is this. Several of us in the local club are attending. Some can watch live and some cannot. We all went to breakfast this morning but could not really talk about the conference because some of us didn't see the live broadcast and there is no on-demand, yet.

It prevents the "you have to watch so-and-so's presentation yesterday, it was terrific!".

Hosting a 'virtual' conference and then restricting to one particular time zone in order to participate is a miss. This should be priority one for any future conferences.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Session 1 has been posted in the on-demand.
sanman
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of sanman
Great news! I got to catch the last few min of the closing session. Can't wait to watch everything.
David Rysin
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of David Rysin
The conference ended yesterday and there is still only 1 video uploaded. It would be nice if they kept attendees updated through their news section as to what the problem seems to be with uploading and when we can expect all the videos to be up.

Also, did anyone else not receive the email they promised with info on the free download? I don't care much for Ellusionist, but a free download is a free download, and may end up being useful in teaching me something...
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Liked the event overall but yes, communication re pace of the uploads hasn't been the strong suit. That said, knowing how hard it is to produce events like this I am cutting them some slack. I'm going to try and not watch any of the uploads until I'm on vacation later in the month.

As for the E download, it's in both of the most recent newsletters down towards the bottom. (Getting the download is another story, though. I have a Mac and can't get it to download at all. And, the ten downloads to choose from aren't the most exciting...)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Troubleshooting with Essential Magic Conference (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL