The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » How to build this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Ok, I have been wanting to build this illusion for some time, but have no clue about the mechanics behind it. Can someone please help? My effect would be you balance all of your weight from your throat on the point of a sword....everything is going perfect for a few seconds then something goes terribly wrong and the swords impales your throat. I'm not asking you to reveal any trick. I just need some help on finding the mechanics behind it. You could PM me if you wan Smile Thank you
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Think vanishing and appearing candles and canes. It would be more of a fencing sword.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I don't think that this application would be very convincing with a sword, too fine a mechanism would be required. There is a duo, can't remember their name, that did the same effect with a spear on one of the "TWGM" programs. Just my thoughts!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I've been looking around for cheap ones. I saw one from abracadabra magic for $99. It looks like a cheesy sword, BUT it would do what I want it to do. Anyone buy this from them? Experiences? I wish I had the Dante sword through neck! Don't feel like paying that much though lol.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » How to build this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL