The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jimmy Talksalot Video Clip part 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Did you guys miss the second half? Many more hits on pt. 1. If you haven't seen the rest of the show. . . . then you haven't seen the rest of the show. Check it out! I'm a Jimmy Talksalot fan!
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Thanks Tom,

I did find PART 2 with no problems and I also found the following Tom Frank clip LOVE your Ring Routine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tfrank8176#p/u/14/wsazQ8IJ2hQ

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Great video of tom.

I never get enough of watching him work.

true master.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Finally found a HotSpot with a fast enough Net,.. phew. It was a bit itchy having to wait! Hey Jimmy, thanks for sharing,.. that´s what makes you so great! Super film Tom, thanks as well.

Enjoyed the work. It´s nice seeing the Show develope. It´s really "filling out". Really becoming round. Nice to see. Especilly, sticking to what you yourself like. Great! I take off my hat and bow,..that big bright shiney spot on your eastern horizon,....that´s my bald head. Thanks.

Still, a thought or two. Might want to throw a Bouncing Silk in there,.. when you throw the Red Silks out, in your last effect.
Second,... hmm, I really appreciate you sticking with, and working with the Rope Through the Body Illussion. But, for me, it just ain´t there yet. Don´t know,... I REALLY appreciate it,...but it just ain´t killing `em. Maybe it´s me. Don´t know. I think there IS something here,... BUT it just ISN`T there,... yet.

Suggestions?,... I´m sleeping on it.

Again, Jimmy,... GREAT work. And thanks a bundle for sharing!

with a sun-burnt head,
gallagher.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Gallagher,

yep, I agree, I have always felt that finale don't have enough kick.

it works best if I change the structure of the plot with my patter.

sometimes I will have a running gag that the trick probably isn't going to work but I'm gonna try and do it any way....then when I finaley do it it get's a bigger reaction....but I still think that's weak, y'now, I would rather leave them gasping in awe with a stronger effect.

anyway thanks for the thoughts. I'm always working on it.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Jimmy, just some thoughts,.. nothing carved in stone here; but,... I think on the Streets, Illusions can, MAYBE must be repeated more often. Think about the clssics, Cups `n Balls, The Vanishing/Appearing Silk,... your Flip Stick(!) and Coin Work(!). Maybe the Rope Illussion, as well!?!

thought: maybe first, a silk thru the rope? (horizontal version of Silk thru Mikro Stand). Then there´s a reason to play with the silks in the first place.

thought: sounds silly, but I´d try walking THRU the Rope. Know what I mean? Right now, you´re bring the Rope thru your body. It appears, in the end, in front of you. I don´t know, but it just struck me; it might be cooler if YOU ended up , in front of the Rope. A "Pazzaa!... Ta-Ta!" effect. More kick. ,... don´t know, just a feeling.

Your have four ends to your Rope,.. why not FOUR helpers? (I´d bet, BOTH kids helped support your needs, in the end!)

One more,... geeze, you got me labbering(!),.. sorry,. the rope comes thru, on them hang your suspenders. You say, "gosh, they look just like mine!" Look up. Smile. Your pants fall down.
I know,... a bit `clownie´,... still, the thought makes me laugh.,.. sorry.

OK, I´ll give you peace.
Sunshine and smiles,
gallagher.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Welp, thanks to everyone I think I found a solution to the problem.

a friend of mine "cowboy bill" out here in san diego, helped me out I restructured the show and added a small keyless ring/ rope-n-ring routine and wallah it gave my finale some umph.

hard to explain but it gives the audience more bang for their buck....

it was really a restructuring thing I thing. I'm getting better reactions now.

couldn't have done it with out y'all.

thanks so much
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Jimmy,

When you can please post a video of the new ending we would love to see it.

Thanks
kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I love Jimmy`s rope routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jimmy Talksalot Video Clip part 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL