The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Blindfold Rubik's solve ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, UK
297 Posts

Profile of Munskin
Hi all,

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my blindfold Rubik's solve routine and am on the lookout for any funny lines people may have that would be suitable. I need to fill the 3 minute solve with some material and only have about two minutes so far. Just wondered if anyone fancied brainstorming some ideas/lines?

I presently use the gag about 'what goes click, is that it, click is that it? Me, doing the blindfold cube solve for the first time'. I do other, more visual gags too, like put on sunglasses to stop me looking ridiculous, pretend to take a small piece of dirt off the table. I also wave to random passers by as if I can see. I also have a blindfold that has holes in it, with an aerial and stuff too: I say that I should've used that one etc. I'm looking for ways to get the spectator who examines the blindfold involved too, but am struggling with this, though I do ask if they can whisper pointers to me, or cough out answers!

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to fill the time it takes to solve? I'm not looking to steal anyone's ideas, just looking for a fresh set of eyes to spark a few ideas!

Thanks,

John
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hi!
I have a friend who solves a rubiks cube during his comedy set (he only doesn't look at it for the last few minutes)

He does brilliantly just by doing some comedy inbetween the mixing and solving. Maybe this would work rather than writing puzzle based material just do some chit chat while everyone is waiting.
G
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I think George'd idea is a great starting point and a lot less limiting than writing gags about solving a Rubic's Cube.

If you're looking for material directly related to what you are doing a richer comedy ground might be:
Scripting about having someone blindfold you or being blindfolded generally and/or being deprived of one of your senses.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
One line you could use, "You know the fact is that they actually stopped making rubik's cubes years ago, and just recycle all the cubes that people threw away in the trash by moving the stickers around. Of course I'm sure that none of you have ever tried this..."
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Magicjuggler's post brought this idea to mind....

Say."right I'm going to make one side all blue 1st"...

Take out a blue felt tipped pen (a dried out one) remove the top and start 'colouring' all of one side.

You could then take out another five felt tipped pens with the other colours as you say something lie, "I'll go for the orange side next."
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
"I may have to go back to square 1."...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Blindfold Rubik's solve ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL