The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Listen, do you wanna know a secret? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
So, I borrowed a bit from the Beatles. It got your attention Smile

You owe it to yourself to check Cameron Francis's site and see what's out there. If you are at all into the magic of people like John Bannon, Peter Duffie, Robin Robertson, and Stephen Tucker, you will LOVE what Cameron Francis, one of the Café's own V.I.P.s has in store - literally.

Cameron's "Moment's Notice" series is a great place to start. This is a continuing series of e-books - four to date - that contain strong, impromptu, no set up, card magic that is both commercial and very hard hitting. While these are absolutely perfect for those situations when someone thrusts the dog eared family deck into your hands and asks you to perform, these effects are ALSO worthy of formal sets and walkaround. Simply excellent card magic that is influenced by the Bannon approach of economy of method for maximum impact. There are no long boring dealing tricks here folks. These are effects I promise you will want to do. They are a joy to perform and Cameron's sense of routining and structure is apparent and I believe that his tight routining is informed by his "other" job as a professional actor.

Other products include the excellent Frier which is a really strong assembly with a MAJOR kicker. Mixed Perception is one of the best small packet Triumph plots around, and Turbulence, co-created with Scots great Peter Duffie is truly a wild ride for your audience.

There are many more e-books. I have adopted a great deal of Cameron's magic into my sets, and "Ace Thang", which you will find in Moment's Notice 4 has landed me a few sweet gigs already. This effect ALONE will make you look like Vernon but without the "work" (and no Virginia, no gaffs.)

What's that I hear? "Cards are just not my thing you hippie freak!" Dude, it's groovy. Check out the e-book "Something Else", a collection of "workers" (thank you Michael Close for that word) of NINE effects using coins, business cards, matchboxes, and sugar packets. There is a bonus routine from Liam Montier that is the inspiration for another effect in the book, The Signed Coin, which is, as you have guessed, based on Bro. John Hamman's excellent The Signed Card. Except, THIS is done with a coin and is a knockout piece of magic.

Mentalists, you haven't been forgotten. Check out "18". Here is the effect and it IS as the spectator sees.

"18"
Effect:

A deck of cards is removed from its case and shuffled. The magician spreads the deck face up and asks a spectator to touch any card. All of the cards are different and this is truly a free choice. Let’s say the spectator touches the Five of Diamonds. This card is placed face up on the table. The magician then states that the spectator is to use the value of his selection to find another card. The deck is turned face down and the spectator is asked to deal 5 cards off the top of the deck. The 5th card is turned face up. It is a Nine of Clubs. 9 more cards are dealt onto the table. The 9th card is turned face up. It is the Four of Spades.

The magician hands the spectator a business card and asks him to total up the three face up cards on the table. The spectator writes 18 on the business card. The magician then asks the spectator to turn over the first card that he freely selected. On the back of the card is a message: “Turn The Box Over”. The spectator turns the card case over. On the other side, in bold marker, is written 18!

Yes, it's THAT good.

So, this was a LOT to write. I want to add that I do not know Cameron. My doing this is because I feel that this magic NEEDS to be performed! I know many people are put off by e-books, but, please trust me on this? This material IS worth it, and at the prices, you really aren't losing a thing.

The motto here IS Magicians Helping Magicians, and, I don't want to keep these great secrets to myself. (Well I do, but if I DID, Cameron might stop creating excellent magic Smile )

So, why not check out http://www.cameron-francis.com/Magic-Downloads.php

The site is chock full of video demonstrations, so, you need not take my word Smile Seeing is believing.

Thanks all for reading and I sincerely hope you give Cameron a shot! I think you will be happy you did. Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
You had me going there for a second. I was thinking Stones then wham, where has my memory gone?!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Listen, do you wanna know a secret? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL