The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » My Human Mirror (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leinadnallareyem
View Profile
New user
Glendora, CA
35 Posts

Profile of leinadnallareyem
I have a human Mirror. A trusted friend who watches me perform and looks for tells and critiques my patter. Mostly he is familure with the simplest knowledge of a audience but he is quite focused on the routine. I ask him questions about the misdirection or ask him to explain to me the flow of the magic. He will also tell me if he sees something which is suspicious. For both close-up and parlor I find his help to be quite enlightening and also a good way to practice the more difficult moves without the jitters of performing a mistake free act. Anyone else use such a mirror?
Leinad
Leinad
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
My fiancé is such a mirror for me. I like to consider her my "Director" she tells me what I can do to make things better. I usually show her my routines after about two hours of practice in front of the video camera(which I review myself every fifteen minutes or so). She is an invaluable resource in my making of magic moments! Every magician needs one of these "mirrors" or "directors"
Weird is part of the job.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It is not exactly human (unless it's mine!) but a dog can make a good audience at rehearsal. If the dog watches what you want watched by the audience, your misdirection is working!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » My Human Mirror (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL