The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Production of a Large Cigarette box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hacketr2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Hi Guys,

I am looking to finish my cigarette routine with a production of a huge Marlboro lights cigarette case (these are sometimes found in duty free and contain 10 cigarette packs within the one huge giant cigarette box). The problem is I cannot produce it because it is so bulky and big to 1) fit in my waist belt 2) produce with the silk as the silk does not cover the box given its huge size.

I have heard that it might be possible to construct the box so that it expands similar to like a production dice might? does any one have any ideas on how I might produce this with a silk?

Thanks,

Rob
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
How close is your audience? If you could get a printer to silk screen the art to cloth you could build a collapsible soft case with a spring in the middle.

Otherwise, have you considered the kinds of steals used to produce other large objects, such as a Macaw?
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Rob, there are spring loaded production boxes available in magic shops and also described in some of the older books on platform/stage conjuring. Once you have an idea about how things can be folded and spring open you can likely telescope and fold your cigarette box down to manageable side for a dove steal type production (that what you meant by silk?)

As Cyberqat posted - and as Germain and Dekolta worked out - you can make things starting with an expanding type metal frame with springs that is covered in painted silk. Germain used this for an expanding card. DeKolta used this for his expanding die trick.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
hacketr2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Hi Cyberqat, I did think of something usig a spring alright although I am new to this type of production so I have no clue to be honest. I am just looking at resources which I might be able to work with. I have never heard of Macaw, other than the actual bird itsself Smile would you have any idea as to where I could purchase this dvd or where I could find more info on it?

Thanks
hacketr2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Hi Jonathan, Thanks very much for this information, do you know where I could buy the expanding type mental frame I have been trying to find and buy an expanding dice but these seem hard to come by?
hacketr2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Cyberqat, my audience would be close enough probably a parlor type situation, but I was hoping to work this reasonably close too, kinda like a bottle production similar to David stone, bob read or John Paulo
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
I have never heard of Macaw, other than the actual bird itsself Smile would you have any idea as to where I could purchase this dvd or where I could find more info on it?

Thanks

I meant the bird, actually. Take a look at the end of this video....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vO_S2jRkGg

He's a lot bigger then your cigarette box!

There are techniques for body-steals or table-steals for producing medium to large objects that might be worth your while investigating.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Production of a Large Cigarette box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL