The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » This what I call great stage hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Although I don't agree with his ethics and he is doing to people - you still have to admire his showmanship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9U_lWmAsYM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI&feature=related

Devil in white..
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Wow, the swinging jacket induction. John Cerbone has nothing on this guy.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
God, after years of waving at people and causing them to crumple to the floor, you'd have to start to become convinced you actually had Jedi abilities, wouldn't you?
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
LOL - @ at 1:20 I thought I was going to see a levitation.

I love the "FIRE!" induction, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVIPF_PmHuQ&feature=related
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
That is what I call very worrying hypnosis.

Also I don't wish to get into the great "god" debate but I use clips like that all the time to prove that there is no god.

The argument being; why do they need to use hypnosis when they are meant to have the power of this god? Seems they can't achieve the effect they want using the powers of this god and so have to resort to hypnosis. And also that if this god existed, he,she,it would stop charlatans pretending to do things in god's name, but never does intervene as they is nothing there to intervene.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 03:26, Hawk-Eye wrote:
God, after years of waving at people and causing them to crumple to the floor, you'd have to start to become convinced you actually had Jedi abilities, wouldn't you?

My! Those people are so hyped up by the time they get there, there is no need for magnetic hands! Smile
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Personally I don't think these clips prove or disprove there is a god they are what they are. Nothing more.

Who is to say trance isn't the work of god? Perhaps your unconscious is god? Who knows. Although its pretty obvious that Hinn is a total conman. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if he believes he is real. I am not condoning what he does I think its awful. But you have to admit it looks like a lot of fun being up there!

Quote:
On 2010-08-05 08:03, Shrubsole wrote:
That is what I call very worrying hypnosis.

Also I don't wish to get into the great "god" debate but I use clips like that all the time to prove that there is no god.

The argument being; why do they need to use hypnosis when they are meant to have the power of this god? Seems they can't achieve the effect they want using the powers of this god and so have to resort to hypnosis. And also that if this god existed, he,she,it would stop charlatans pretending to do things in god's name, but never does intervene as they is nothing there to intervene.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Maybe *dramatic pause* Hinn is God ? Smile
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think we are all god...really. I think though if Hinn were god he would get a beter haircut.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
It would be "fun" if it was advertised as what it is, a hypnosis show.

But then, hypnosis never made people part with money the way religion does.

I'm surprised a lot more hypnotists don't go down this route. Pays a lot more and under the freedom to practise ones brand of delusion or faith, totally supersedes any 1952 hypnotism act or licencing laws.

Maybe their morals get in the way?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Yes Im too honest but seeking therapy for it..
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Wouldn't you love to see him in a boxing ring? Once he took off his robe the fight would be over by knock out.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Only if the boxer was a believer though..

No matter what you think ( and I personally abhore what he does) it must be amazing to be part of something like that.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
In another thread I mentioned that I stick religion in the same bag as superstition, labelling it "mumbo jumbo". Whilst I´m not a believer myself, these videos show beyond any reasonable doubt that the beliefs of your subjects are extremely powerful tools that may be utilised to produce an amazing show - if you are a good showman.

Do you think Hin offers training courses? LOL.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Yes indeed the 'believers' are more than half way there before they start as they believe that it's 400% true before they get to the venue. Takes a little longer with bunch of loud youths in a bar on a Saturday night.

The religious er umm people come already warmed up, just wind them to hysteria and start waving your coat about.

There is a lot to be learnt from them.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its not just religeos people. Its mainly desparate people looking for cures. I saw a documentary where a young teenage girl who couldn't walk attended one of his events with her mother. It was awful really sad. he keeps the seriously crippled people miles away from the stage and only allows those that can mimick a miracle near the stage.

I make a joke about having too much morals but the truth is he is scum. Ild rather be broke than be a parasite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » This what I call great stage hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL