The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » How do you practice handcuff escapes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I'm going to try to add some handcuff escapes to my lineup and was wondering how to practice. I live alone, so if I get stuck then I am in trouble. I would rather not have to ask my neighbors to uncuff me.

Thanks,
Big jeff
Smile
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Jeff,

Tie a piece of string to a key, and then tie it to your belt (front or back, depending on where your hands are going to be).

This should get you out of most tight spots (unless you're using Speedcuffs behind your back with your palms facing outwards, keyholds away from your hands, for which I would suggest a helper!)

James.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
James, I'm almost afraid to ask if you know this from experience!

Seriously, it's always best to have a key close by and to always be very aware of how you are applying the cuffs! I know one time I was working on a routine in which I had shackles and two pair of handcuffs. It was late.... ah! Another thing to be aware of... don't practice when you are tired! Anyway, I was going through the routine "just one more time" before calling it a night. I ended up putting the handcuffs on with the keyholes facing each other. One pair of cuffs were the ADA-100's but they were too far up my arm to trigger the release. I almost thought I was going to have to wake up one of my kids to help me out but after about fifteen minutes, I was able to get enough room between the cuffs to unlock one pair... then, the ADA-100s were easy to remove.

Needless to say, my wrists were a wreck for a couple of days. After that, whenever I would put on the cuffs, I'd say to myself...
"keyhole facing OUTWARD!!" Hey, that's why they call it experience!! And yes, we do learn from our mistakes... or at least I do!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Margarette,

To answer your question ... yes, from experience! Smile

James.
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Just to add my two cents worth, practice and keep going but if you are tired then stop. I've learnt that the hard way.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Yes, keep a key handy, and do watch how you apply the cuffs. I know one guy who is an attorney, and he had his hands behind his back, and wasn't able to get out of them. So he had to go and ask one of his neighbors in his apartment building. The lady friend he asked said she'd help get him out, but she didn't want to know anything. Don.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
How do I practise handcuff escapes? Usually while fleeing from the cops. Smile
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Keep a shim handy for when you accidently lock your cuffs face to face.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » How do you practice handcuff escapes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL