The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » C&B find (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I found this set of small silver bells at Walmart designed as wedding favors -- 24 for $10 on sale

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss76/funsway/002-4.jpg

they are the size of an English Penny and twice as tall and have a nice ring.

They can be palmed easily as an object or with the top pinched. They are mag-active and judicious use of a small mag**t on the outside can still the clapper.
A PK Ring call both hold the bell and silence the clapper. But, a finger inside treating the bell like a thimble works also.

The clapper is easily removed to use for as Shell Game, Indian C&B or to toss silently around -- with another secretly tied to your wrist to ring as desired.

Over the years I have used sound to augment a C&B or Chop type effect, and these could serve as the moveable objects or as the Cups themselves -- or as "Two bells in the hand and One in the Pocket"

I'm thinking that with a wedding theme several folding card tents could also serve as locations to which the bells can jump back and forth. Since they can be rung when picked up (or simulated) the inference will be that they cannot be moves secretly about.

Yes, Bill -- I'll send you three if you like for the museum.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Thanks for the tip! These sound great (as a concept, I haven't heard them ring yet). It just goes to show that of you aren't ALWAYS on the lookout you can miss some really cool stuff. Specifically since I've been getting into c&b it takes me forever to get out of any store now. I am always looking for a great found cups set. I have all these cups now, and I think my fiancé is starting to get a little aggravated at all the cups I'm buying :/
Weird is part of the job.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-08-07 11:39, funsway wrote:
I found this set of small silver bells at Walmart designed as wedding favors -- 24 for $10 on sale

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss76/funsway/002-4.jpg

they are the size of an English Penny and twice as tall and have a nice ring.

They can be palmed easily as an object or with the top pinched. They are mag-active and judicious use of a small mag**t on the outside can still the clapper.
A PK Ring call both hold the bell and silence the clapper. But, a finger inside treating the bell like a thimble works also.

The clapper is easily removed to use for as Shell Game, Indian C&B or to toss silently around -- with another secretly tied to your wrist to ring as desired.

Over the years I have used sound to augment a C&B or Chop type effect, and these could serve as the moveable objects or as the Cups themselves -- or as "Two bells in the hand and One in the Pocket"

I'm thinking that with a wedding theme several folding card tents could also serve as locations to which the bells can jump back and forth. Since they can be rung when picked up (or simulated) the inference will be that they cannot be moves secretly about.

Yes, Bill -- I'll send you three if you like for the museum.

Ken -- I'll go over to Wal-Mart and see if they have any at our local branch. If I can't find any, then I will take you up on your offer.

Thanks!

Quote:
On 2010-08-07 21:44, Alex Rapattoni wrote:
Thanks for the tip! These sound great (as a concept, I haven't heard them ring yet). It just goes to show that of you aren't ALWAYS on the lookout you can miss some really cool stuff. Specifically since I've been getting into c&b it takes me forever to get out of any store now. I am always looking for a great found cups set. I have all these cups now, and I think my fiancé is starting to get a little aggravated at all the cups I'm buying :/

That's how I found the two matching "sets" of standard and giant cups, one at Wal-Mart and the other at Target. They were bathroom wastebaskets with matching drinking cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Bill,
I saw those in the museum! They look great. Have you used the giant cups? I would love to see a routine with them.
Weird is part of the job.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I'm also playing with using these for Ring and String effects, and they make a nifty pendulum.

If you happen to have a Spirit Bell device ...

"to ring or not to ring, that is the question"
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » C&B find (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL