The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Magic Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
My collection of Tenyo has grown to 190+ but I realize that some of the early Tenyo is going to be very challenging to find. I have started looking for close alternatives that I can use to represent these tricks until I locate an original. I was in my local Magic Shop yesterday (Browsers Den of Magic - Toronto) and found an exact replica of Tenyo's Magic Tube - T-65. It is wholesaled by Di Fatta in Italy (It is called Magic Tube) and comes with full color illustrated instructions. Price was aroubd $4. If you already have the original you will not be interested but if you want a copy until you find the original, this is a great alternative. I also located an exact copy of Penetro Coin for a few bucks that was made in Japan (not Tenyo). Also Empire Magic wholsales a coin slide that is very close to Tenyo's Coin Case.

Please note my preference is for originals and this is temporary until I locate originals.

John
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I do as you do.
What other 'close alternatives' have you found?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Ed, other very "close alternatives" I have found, besides those above are for Angel Coin, An Gra, Glass Board, Coin in Nest, Astro Coin and Match to Flower. I have recently been able to find originals for a few of them (Angel Coin, An Gra, Coin in Nest)

A good source for some of the earlier hard to find Tenyo items (Funny Dog, Angel Coin, Dice Vision, etc)are the Tenyo Magic sets that can be bought on-line fairly reasonably.

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I recently aquired an original Tenyo Magic Tube. It came sealed in celeophane in the original box. I did carefully open the package as I perfer to display the actual props. I was suprised that the cap was a real cork painted red. Any pictures I have seen of this prop shows a plastic cap. I assume the early versions were supplied with a cork. It has the Tenyo logo on the base of the tube with the "made in Japan" sticker. One of those neat little suprises.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Magic Tube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL