The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Controversy brews over my new book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I may just have to buy this "controversial" book...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What if someone sees you?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My wife looooves ghost. Senior Rai has his ghost story on, I think, this weekend on Bio and my wife is thrilled.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-08-10 18:25, tommy wrote:
What if someone sees you?

I'll buy it in Berkeley... They're all to stoned to care over there!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Good sea food too.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
How is there a controversy?

Does your book contain information different than the facts presented by Katy's granddaughter?

If it does, I would think it isn't so much controversial as it is just wrong.

If you agree with the history of the church presented by the granddaughter, then there is no controversy either.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2010-08-10 19:24, Whit Haydn wrote:
How is there a controversy?

Does your book contain information different than the facts presented by Katy's granddaughter?

If it does, I would think it isn't so much controversial as it is just wrong.

If you agree with the history of the church presented by the granddaughter, then there is no controversy either.

It's a controversy if it can be made controversial. Haven't you watched T.V. lately? Smile
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I like Josh's reply! All paranormal writing is, in essence, controversial as much has little bias in proof. Though most believe that every good ghost story has a seed of truth to it. Example I live 3min from the second most haunted location in WI (according to researchers) but I've yet to have any kind of experience there and I've lived here for almost 30 years.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Well, I don't believe in ghosts. I think anyone who believes in ghosts is a fool.

I believe in aliens, (the Sasquatch is an alien, trues story) if you don't believe in aliens I think you are blind.

Also, I am a liar, but I'm 200 lbs of pure muscle, have many, many beautiful women, all while being the worlds most handsome trillionaire. That more than makes up for the ghosts and liar thing.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I know a ghost writer.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
There are 3 questions, that, if answered fully will either confirm or dispell all other questions relevant to this case: 1) How old was she when she died? 2) Exactly how did she die? and 3) Does she have any legitimate heirs? Anything else is just hokum.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
From the articles not ghost related she seems to have been in her 80s and had children and grandchildren.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-08-10 23:10, Chance wrote:
There are 3 questions, that, if answered fully will either confirm or dispell all other questions relevant to this case: 1) How old was she when she died? 2) Exactly how did she die? and 3) Does she have any legitimate heirs? Anything else is just hokum.

Knowing that she died at an advanced age is all we need to know to put to rest the story that she was hung / committed suicide as a girl / young woman, along with the legend that Katy's Church / graveyard is haunted as a result of that.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
So her Grandfather is a ghost!

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Is the great great great grand daughter upset because her grandmother is a ghost or because they claim ggggm died at her own hand at 18?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
She seems to be upset that her family church has gone through hard times.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Such rumors and made-up stories can hurt a community, especially a small rural church community struggling to attract new members.

The Blair Witch movie did a lot of damage in the minds of the community that the story was based in.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Bad movies will do that....
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Key: "in the minds of". Wallets not included.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Controversy brews over my new book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL