The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2010 entrée: John Guastaferro » » Jazz Aces » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
John, in a pinch, do you ever finish your version of Jazz Aces (which I love and is and am doing all the time) with 4 "normal" alternate cards? Which ones, do you change the patter, how does it play? Thanks
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
I know finishing with Aces is a popular choice fir other magicians.

For me, it's still an obvious choice. While I obviously prefer the surprise of four "question mark" cards, I do have an alternative impromptu ending...I finish with four RED cards.

I still stick with the black hole presentation, then at the end day, "The Jacks are gone. So if I have the four BLACK cards, then you must have the four,,,well, it looks like you've been caught RED-handed!" Turn over four red spot cards, which is always a great surprise.

John G
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks
Chris Jenkins
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris Jenkins
Hi,
What is the name of this effect and where is it published? I am currently playing with versions from Jack Parker and David Regal and would love to see John's take on this!

Chris
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Jazz Fusion from Brainstorm vol. 2

John G
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Hi John, just wanted to chime in on this one and say how much I have enjoyed Jazz Fusion over the years, its been a staple of my working repertoire since I learned it from your Brainstorm DVD's.

Like many, I finish by producing the four aces, but found that a nice presentation was a "back in time" idea. After a routine which leaves the four aces on the table I go into Jazz Fusion, with every exchange being a mini "back in time" event - the cards going back to their original positions - and when the tabled cards are ready to be turned over, it turns out that we've gone much further back than anticipated, because now the four tabled cards are aces once again!

Cheers,
David.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2010 entrée: John Guastaferro » » Jazz Aces » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL