The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which would you buy, Stealing Pips or Crashcourse 2 by Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
112 Posts

Profile of Paris
I want to buy one DVD, but, would like to hear from anyone that might have both of the above DVDs. Both are getting good reviews.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
They cover different material, and are meant for different audiences.

Maybe you can help by listing what you are looking for in a DVD? What kind of card magic do you like? What books do you own? What is your current skill level with cards, what other DVD's or videos do you own? Are you trying to learn the Ambitious Card routine at this time or other kinds of card tricks?

This thread will get ugly I bet before long since Ellusionist is mentioned. Most people here, myself included, do not support their products. I will not get into the specifics of my opinion or the opinions of others since it would be more off topic than I already am!

For you, just answer those basic questions, search for more threads on the two videos on this forum and others,and the answer will come.
Drive Carefully
ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
I'm going with Stealing Pips.
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Paris, what are looking for maybe the first thing you should tell for us to help you.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Gidon
View Profile
New user
Tacoma, Wa
80 Posts

Profile of Gidon
Stealing Pips without a doubt. Ellusionist will not teach you in nearly the same high quality fashion or provide you with pieces of amazing card magic that will move you from a "guy who does tricks" to an amazing individual.
Chris Harland
"No WAY...wait...do that again."
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Stealing Pips looks good. Crash Course 2 is devoted to the Ambitious Card, is it not? In that case, it depends on what you are looking to learn. If you want to learn the Ambitious Card though, I would kindly direct your attention to Daryl's video on the subject.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Without a doubt, stealing pips. Cheaper, broader range of effects and sleights, and much more visual.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Without a doubt, stealing pips. I have CC2 and after watching it, I kept my ACR exactly the same as it was.
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
Hmm, this is a tough one, but in a wholly unbiased manner I'm going to say Stealing Pips... Smile

-Oz
Ricahato
View Profile
Regular user
denver
113 Posts

Profile of Ricahato
That was a good one OZ and thank you for the tricks you showed me in Vegas!
Ricardo
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
Hi Ricardo,
It was nice to meet you. Hope the pictures turned out well.Smile
-Oz
chop_dog_1777
View Profile
New user
Indiana
8 Posts

Profile of chop_dog_1777
I don't have CC2 but I did just pick up Stealing Pips. It is amazing. If you don't have great sleight of hand technique, not to worry. This DVD teaches some great sleights that are slighlty (or sleightly, haha) advanced but many many others that don't require much skill at all. This DVD does seem to have something for everyone. Truly great magic that does fit into everyday situations. The effects are strong, well taught, and well put together. Truly amazing.

-Brent
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
- Dunninger
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
I purchased Crash 2, and found Daryl's Ambitious card video in a used bin for a couple of bucks at a Chicago magic store. Let me quickly compare.

Crash 2 is good. It contains one Ambitious card routine. Brad Christian explains slowly and is a good teacher. He also teaches the double lift twist that you see David Blaine use.

Daryl's Ambitious Card is amazing. He keeps on going after he explains what he uses and gives you more and more material for your AC routine. Also, you get to hear Daryl explain the snap double lift (I forget the official name) which is brilliant.

So my recommendation. Get Stealing Pips as it's been reviewed well, then buy Daryl's Ambitious Card DVD (for rewinding if you have a DVD) or video (for price.) You can find a video cheap these days on the net or ebay.

My two cents.
Smile
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Stealing Pips, I have it, it's a higher level than Ambitious Card CrashCourse of Ellusionist. And there are various tricks, not just about card jump to the top.

Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Not just about a card jumping to the top.

Small wonder you don't like the ACR when you describe it like that.

David.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Yes, I do like ACR.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which would you buy, Stealing Pips or Crashcourse 2 by Ellusionist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL