The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What happened to Sankey? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
s3rg3
View Profile
New user
Belgium
72 Posts

Profile of s3rg3
You like him or you hate him...

He has some nice and creative ideas, though.

Rgds,
Serge
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Daffydoug, it looks like you got BIG Money to throw away. Smile

JerryB
MT
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of MT
Jay Sankey's got some great stuff.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I think he is a wise man to take a break and not continually feel forced to come up and over hype with new material. Just look what happened to Steve Fearson with releases such as the Station Master's document, among others.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Quote:
On 2010-10-04 18:37, DekEl wrote:
Just look what happened to Steve Fearson with releases such as the Station Master's document, among others.

I greatly enjoyed the SMD. Maybe you don't see the value in it, but those in the know did.
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Maybe "too much material in short time," but I must admit that he's creative ...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 20:22, Jerry wrote:
Daffydoug, it looks like you got BIG Money to throw away. Smile

JerryB

I used to. Now I stretch my money as much as I can with Dave Devin's "Stretch a Buck".

Anyway, Jay has a new DVD out called Hardcore. I'm going to check it out. Looks pretty cool.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hardcore is OUT.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I am with Daffy on this- Jay, though perhaps a bit quirky, gives you a lot for your money. Agreed, some of it is raw, but I enjoy adding some of my own ideas; makes me feel more creative, even though he gave me the concept.

I use his stuff regularly and find much, not all, of it very practical. I often pass this sort of debate through the "would I be better off with xxxx, or better off without xxxx" scanner. For me, without a doubt, the answer is with Jay Sankey...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Sankey is scheduled to lecture and perform at the next Magic at the Beach Convention, January 20th - 22nd, 2011, in Myrtle Beach:

http://magicatthebeach.org/

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Maybe he was just going through a Midlife Magic Crisis.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 10:30, Mr. Mystofelees wrote:
I am with Daffy on this- Jay, though perhaps a bit quirky, gives you a lot for your money. Agreed, some of it is raw, but I enjoy adding some of my own ideas; makes me feel more creative, even though he gave me the concept.

I use his stuff regularly and find much, not all, of it very practical. I often pass this sort of debate through the "would I be better off with xxxx, or better off without xxxx" scanner. For me, without a doubt, the answer is with Jay Sankey...

The key word is practical. I too find most of Jay's stuff VERY practical and very REAL WORLD. His stuff KILLS, and time after time I hear people dissing his effects, as well as the man himself, and I think to myself, WTF????
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2010-10-18 12:29, daffydoug wrote:
His stuff KILLS, and time after time I hear people dissing his effects, as well as the man himself, and I think to myself, WTF????

I'm with ya, Daff'! I had Sankey's Three Ring Circus, PaperClipped!, and his "Best of" series. Three Ring Circus was a mind-blower! A pocket-sized Chinese Linking Rings! It used those standard rings used for keys. Leaving Home was one I loved. Hey, not everyone appreciated him. I understand. He could be a bit...errr...PG-Rated in his DVD's. My girlfriend did not like his humor.

The Magus Capsule was one I always had wanted to get. Cups & Balls/Chop Cup style pocket effect. Yep, I always liked Jay Sankey!

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I purchased Magus Capsule when it came out. Hey, Dougini, great to see you again!
Magician Toronto
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magician Toronto
Just bumped into Jay Sankey at the local Toronto magic shop. He is alive and well.
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Many of the stuff on his older DVDs and tapes like Revolutionary Coin Magic is a little raw, but extremely useful. Everyday, I use Slick Splits move and his Tenkai Pennies. Heck, it was his work that taught me the Tenkai/Goshman Pinch! While a lot of his stuff can be gaffed to the hilt, the coin stuff on that DVD is mostly not. If you don't have it (I'm sure you do), it has some pretty solid routines but GREAT sleights and teaching style. Tenkai Pinch is a tough enough move, and his teaching made me able to get it down.

-Ben
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I bought Revolutionary Coin Magic, and it was the first Sankey purchase I had made because, for some reason, none of his stuff really appealed to me when I would look at it. I have to say, the DVD left me unimpressed. There were a few good things, but honestly, it felt like he woke up, hung a sheet in his living room, and spent a couple of hours doing some random stuff with coins. It all just seemed a bit sloppy to me, and while he seems like a REALLY nice guy, he was a bit too quirky for me. Most of the DVDs I own, I enjoy watching over and over again, but this one just left me a bit worn out at the end. Based on this disc, I'm not sure I'd buy anything else of his.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What happened to Sankey? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL