The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Jeff Jones Backdrop - Which size, Regular or Large? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
I plan on ordering the Jeff Jones Magic Backdrop some time this week. I've read pretty much everything on the Café there is to read on it and it sounds like everyone who has one is more then satisfied. I've decided on fabrics and colors. I'm still trying to decide on whether to go with the 8'X 10' or the 9'X15'. I do not perform kid's birthday shows. The backdrop would primarily be for after banquet type shows. I do not perform illusions, if I performed things like ZigZag then it would be a no brainer, I would go for the larger. I use two tables, a Lefler and a smaller side stand. That's my set up.

I always thought a 8'X12' would be about right for my needs. Jeff's backdrops are either a bit less or a bit more. Has anyone ordered the small and after a while wished they had gone with the larger or is there anyone that went with the large and found it to be too big for their needs? I do realize the larger backdrop can be set up in a smaller configuration. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Personally, I'd recommend the larger one. As you said, it can be adapted to smaller spaces and having that extra coverage can really make a difference. I've used the smaller backdrop for my birthday shows for the past 5-6 years. I'm purchasing a large one from him this week for my school and banquet shows.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I own the smaller one and agree with Skip: buy the larger one. I would like to have a larger one, as well.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Thanks Skip & Michael, I appreciate your opinions. I probably will go with the larger one. Ceilings in these places are generally ten or twelve feet high and if not I can always reduce the height, along with the width if need be. When set up to it's full height & width, which will probably be on most occasions, it should make a good impression before the show even starts.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I've always been able to set the large one up (it tricky in small homes) so if you do banquets, the large one is the choice for you.
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
ventgreg
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of ventgreg
One more vote here for the large backdrop. I own the 9'x15' and have never regretted it. My audiences are 100% after dinner corporate events and I'm always glad for the larger coverage.

Greg
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Have you measured the ceiling space on some of the places you have been performing in? If in a motel room, they do not necessarily have high ceilings. So if you are on a hotel/motel stage, will the large size fit from the stage to the ceiling? Just some things to consider.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
That's one of the nice things about the Jeff Jones Backdrop. The centre support, which is actually a tripod will allow you to adjust the height so as to fit the ceiling height.
Jonny magic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Jonny magic
You know if jeff jones ships for Italy?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Contact Howie: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=48650 He deals with the backdrops.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Jeff Jones Backdrop - Which size, Regular or Large? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL