The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where to put appearing cane after production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I use a suitcase table a la Joe Lefler. Does anyone have any clever way to stash an appearing cane after the production?
Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
James one performer I knew used a golf club tube to place the can in. You can vecro it to the side of your able. You will have to plug the bottom with a cork from the hardware store.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
That's exactly the type of thing I was hoping for but I couldn't think of what to use. Thanks, wm!

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To make it easier to carry, how about getting one of those Star Wars light swords, throw away the handle and use the collaspal tubes to hold the cane. Just a thought I have not tried it.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Even better. I have a few of them around the house thanks to my 5 year old.

Jim
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Hey James, I use something simple as well. At a hardware store, you can pick up these small metal pieces that are essentially a piece of thin metal about 3/4" wide by about 3" long. The ends are flat, but the middle is bent into a "U" shape. The ends each have a hole drilled in it so you can screw it into the side of a table. IN your case, you can just add velcro to the back of the flat ends and velcro it to the suitcase table. Then you just slide the cane through the U. Hard to explain now that I think about it and I wish I had a picture. I've used this for years though in my bird act. --- The piece looks a bit like this. __n__ That's a horribly crude drawing!
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Christopher,
I know what you're talking about! I've seen those at the hardware store. thank you. What did you use them for in your bird act?

Jim
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Hi Jim,
I had it fixed to the upstage edge of my manipulation table/receptacle. After doing torch to cane, I'd produce the bird, and then slide the cane through that...thing I described, to put it away.

Boy, I'm glad (and frankly quite AMAZED) that you knew what I was talking about.

BTW, I also kept something at the bottom of the prop to hold the bottom end of the cane in place. It was basically a rubber foot for a table leg. Like a little rubber cup that keeps small legs on a table or chair from sliding around on your floor. The end of the cane would go right into the "cup" and not move around.

Chris
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I got a pool cue case from the dollar store.It is padded you load it from the top and it zippers closed with a carrying strap .Also it has an outside pocket for chalk that I put streamers and mouth coils in just so I always know where it is.
Deucemc
View Profile
Regular user
originally Honolulu, Hawaii
116 Posts

Profile of Deucemc
Have you ever seen Dan Sperry produce a cane, he puts it behind his back and wears it as part of his routine, like a sword.
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
Velcro strap attached to table...wrap it around the cane?
crochow
View Profile
Regular user
Youngstown, Ohio
129 Posts

Profile of crochow
Great idea!
Magically,

Chris Rochow
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Sometimes less is more. I think the velcro is the best idea yet. Cheap, effective and less space.

Thanbks for the idea.

Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where to put appearing cane after production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL