The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Hillbilly Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Humester
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Humester
I'm working on a show that would feature "The Amazun Bubba" (or some similarly silly name" and would feature magic employing duct tape and other back woods type props. So far I've come up with a few ideas, but I thought I would look to the collective wisdom of the Café for further inspiration.

So far I'm working on
1)an adaptation of Cody's Comedy Confabulation
2)torn and restored using duct tape.
3)possibly vanishing bandanna/banana

I'd really like to do something using a psychic raccoon or possum.

Any other ideas
Humester
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
How about using a duck or bunny bucket to produce your psychic critter from ? I'm pretty sure hillbilly's have wooden buckets laying around.
Bob.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
No need for a fancy prop for a spring raccoon. Just go off looking for a bucket and come back with the bucket on your foot, claiming you couldn't find the bucket. Walk around a bit, discover the bucket and have a hard time getting it off your foot. Discover the reason... the raccoon in the bucket is holding onto to your foot. Tickle him and he lets go. Then produce the raccoon and play around with it. At the end slap the bucket over the raccoon and tell it to wait for you until dinner time. At that point, the bucket slides off stage.

Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki is writing up his "Lumberjack Strait Jacket" effect in his book "Escapes For Teens." It should be ready for publication in early September. It uses an oversized Lumberjack Shirt and a lot of duct tape, plus a lot of funny objects that are found inside the shirt from the last owner.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Humester
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Humester
Thanks for the ideas...I'm def gonna check out the Lumberjack Strait Jacket. I like the idea of a comedy style escape.
Humester
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Just a follow-up note that Qua-Fiki's Lunberjack Straitjacket has now been published and is available on my site.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

Humester
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Humester
Any video available of the Lumberjack Straitjacket? How flexible do you need to be? I am a big man and wonder if I'll be able to contort into the necessary positions.
Humester
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
No video just yet, but Qua-Fiki shows you how to escape step by step. The hardest part for me (but I'm no longer a "teen") is putting your hands on the back of your neck. If you can do that, you're probably good to go.
Professor Spellbinder

Humester
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Humester
Well that I can do. I will check it out.

Thanks.
Humester
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I'm from West Virginia, so I've thought along the same lines. How about Barbed Wire Linking Rings? Using Beer cans for the cups and balls, and there is a wealth of ideas in this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=24&925
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Hillbilly Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL