The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Finger Ring on Chain Flash Appearance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardking
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
138 Posts

Profile of cardking
I was at the Magic Circle years ago in the closeup parlour and in the corner of my eye I caught the very end of a routine where the magician had a chain with some flash paper on it and when lit a ring was revealed to be hanging from the chain. Has anyone ever seen this before?
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Being I didn't see how this effect was done, it sounds like a variation of one of my effects. The "move" is probably similar to what I do in my effect OffeRing. There may be other effects out there that could be similar too.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Ring Flash published by Wayne Dobson in his first book (I think), Dobson's Choice #1 matches the description ou posted. Also shown on his new DVD set Wayne Dobson "A Life in Magic". May also be in his hardback book "WD40" which has many of his previously published tricks in it.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
cardking
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
138 Posts

Profile of cardking
Looks like that's it! I just checked and it is detailed in WD40. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Finger Ring on Chain Flash Appearance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL