The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Site exposure (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2010-08-26 17:40, s3rg3 wrote:
I do understand the concern...

Next to password protect online magic shops, I don't see what else could be done to limit the exposure.

I think that the level of exposure on sites as Youtube is much more significant compared to the "exposure" caused by Magic Shops...

Rgds
Serge

I disagree. People wont sit through watching a snotty nosed 12 year old exposing something for 7 minutes. If we see an image of a NW and one sentence explaining what it is used for we can shift, misdirect, layer all we want, but all the person will think at the end is that little lead thing does that. Try passing a few out and then doing a performance and then let us know how you do. Same idea.

Along the same lines why is the Café, so easily googelable?

Started a thread asking why for anyone who cares. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=40&0
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
It's good that the Café is "google-able" because it is one way to get around the 2-minute-wait-time-inbetween-searches that is enforced here on the site. There are threads that explain how to search the Café by using Google if you don't want to wait two minutes inbetween your searches.
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
I get what you are saying IAIN
I hate items that are easily googable.. like cigar thru quarter

yet.. I also have bought some ****ty items from stores
so, excuse me if I want to ask for a video of the performance
I don't have a magic store in my hometown.. so ill be still demanding for performances
I have been fooled so many times by bad descriptions I just hesitate a little bit more and to be real.. there´s not that many ¨honest¨ reviewers out there
althought I love what David Penn and Craig Petty do on their youtube videos so far

there´s even guys here selling ¨sold out¨ 1000 dollars items nobody has ever seen but some close friends and supporters.. so ill still be demanding for prove they do what they say they are saying.
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Edit..

they do what they are saying
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I have to agree with alpha alex. To much deception done by marketers of effects in advertising their products.
Magic is a vanishing art.
meilechl
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of meilechl
I try as much as possible only to buy tricks that I KNOW HOW THEY'RE DONE, or at least have a basic idea. In the few times recently when I let my emotions get the better of me, and ordered blindly, I was usually disappointed.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Password protection...
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
I must say I reluctantly post here as it seems that you are all carrying torches hunting the online store owner.

That said I will say Magic has always been apart of my life, I grew up around the corner from a Brick, and Mortar. That is still in operation today. Prior to owning my online store I was a working Magician, and creator of a released Magic Product. I have created others, but kept them for myself. While I do agree with some of your statements, a few were I feel unfair. Mr. Christian is correct there is a lot of online peddlers of magic that know very little of the art, and craft of magic. But that goes with the territory. We can find that in any business. And Ian you make some great points, unfortunately these videos will never go away. These videos are created by the manufactures of the products to sell, sell, sell.

The fact is the internet revolution has effected every form of business for good, and bad. It could also be argued that in the old days if we all wanted to get together and talk magic we had to attend conventions or be apart of a Guild. And certainly these numbers are down due in part to the convenience of the internet and the forums. My concerns are the Torrents and the ease of illegal duplication of magic knowledge. And also the retailers that undercut everyone with 80% of there products to push the 20% of there own retail products. That hurts the entire community of magic Brick and mortar, and online establishments. I have some discounted products, but I keep it fair.

I decided to open my store because of the beauty and art of magic. Coupled with my desire to share it with places that may not have a brick and mortar available. Most brick and mortars are building an online presence as well. And it's necessary to change with the times and grow and evolve.

I have two other jobs! My online store is certainly not to get rich. It's open because magic gave me something special that I want to share with those interested in making a change in there lives. And it's a way for me to stay connected to the community, I love so dearly.

- Jason
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Absinthe
View Profile
New user
The Green
8 Posts

Profile of Absinthe
Come up with ways to make the magic your own.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Site exposure (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL