The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Switching (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have always thought that being able to switch a gaffed coin in and out during a routine is essential to its effectiveness. To my knowledge no book(let) has ever been put out focusing on the many methods of achieving this result -- maybe because no one knows them all.

any thoughts??
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
I would imagine there are too many gaffed coins and routines. But I would imagine a few of the "standard" switches would suffice. Plus a servante if you are seated tko etc.
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Also most switches employ the use of normal coin sleights - false transfers, bobo switch, shuttle pass, pitches, han chan pen (spelling)

SYRS
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Hi Funsway,

A booklet cataloging various methods of switching gaffs in and out would be great. To have it all in one place would be most useful IMHO. Is this something you're thinking about producing?

kind regards
Sean
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have a bunch of methods in the "Essential T.U.C." which is what got me searching.

I would be willing to edit and produce such a book with credit to contributors -- if there is enough interest -- and donate the procedes to the Café. As an eBook it could be a continuously growing volumn with purchases getting all up dates.

Hopefully, this way we could get many coin "greates" to contribute ideas.

as magicalwishes notes many would use common lsights -- the key is to think about using them for routining purposes rather than just, "Here I have three normal silver dollars." One interesting approach is to use one effect to switch in the gaff for a later one -- giving the impression that coins in use have all been handled by a spectator. If the book ever happens it will also contain ideas for having coins handles to eliminate suspicion without having the examined or "check them for trap doors, widows and holes," -- and other inane statements (opinion)
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Funsway, I applaud your idea! I went about a similar idea in the wrong way, recently. "Subtleties & Palms" was my idea. Totally fell flat, and caused trouble here in the Café.

However, I think you have something. I'd love to see what you do.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Switching (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL