The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Booking multiple shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Haha! Perhaps ... but this thread may prove useful to others. I think for evey person that asks a specific question, scads more are reading the answers and applying the information.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 15:20, Bryan Smith wrote:
Know what you're worth. If you discount below that, there had better be a ***ed good reason.

uh, like the fact that they want him to do TWENTY shows?

Pretty good reason if you ask me. I'd offer them a sensible discount.
Flymo
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Flymo
Hi guys, thanks for all the great responses! Really helped as I felt quite put on the spot when the call initially came through. I ended up offering a discount per show of around 20%. Booking has gone ahead which I am very excited about especially as this is the first for me from birthday parties to more of a stage setting.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Great news! Well done!

I love block bookings. Not just financially (although I do start planning holidays after they come in!) but doing your act twice a day for 10 days in the same setting is great for polishing the act.

The last block booking I did I managed to hone some stuff that had been quite flimsy for ages. Also if you have any new stuff you want to try it's a good time to try it.

George

P.S. Are you now wondering if the booking would've gone ahead if you hadn't offered any discount?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Congratultions, glad you landed the run. Keep us posted on how it goes. Expect some good shows and some weaker, as this is just the nature of these type of runs. Look forward to hearing more about this adventure.
Flymo
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Flymo
So far so good.

The first show there were only 2 kids with their mum in the audience. I was a bit confused as to why nobody had turned up but after the show I found out that the marketing had been no more than a couple of A4 posters. Since then I've been spending about 30 minutes before each performance walking around the shopping mall promoting the show with flyers. This has helped get a much bigger response.

Doing 2 shows a day in the same venue for several days in a row has been a great experience! It's helped me to develop a lot of new material on the fly and weed out material that consecutively doesn't play so well.

5 days in a row has taken it's toll on me but luckily I have a couple of days off now to rest.

The end.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 15:20, Bryan Smith wrote:
Know what you're worth. If you discount below that, there had better be a ***ed good reason.

Mortgage payment..... hows that for a *#@^$$* reason!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Booking multiple shows (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL