The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Outlaw Effects website out of google search ? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
I was trying to search for Outlaw Effects web site and can't find anymore this website when using google search!

I get access using link on my internet browser but do you know why it's now impossible finding Outlaw effects using google ?

Is it a move from Rick to avoid the general public getting access to his online shop ? If so, congratulation Rick Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
That would be nice. My homepage does not come up but a lot of other outlaw stuff does Smile

When you perform just don't say "I bought this from outlaw effects" Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
cryder
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of cryder
Exact Stefmagic, I noticed the same a few days ago.
In case some people don't get proper url, it is : http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I believe my domain is not searchable.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
FWIW, here's the site's Alexa page:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/outlaw-effects.com
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Having programmed a few websites in my time, it's not all that difficult to block or allow a search.

Rick probably decided that it was better not to let too much out and had the code added to the site to prevent a search.
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
Hi Rick,

I highly applaud the move to make the Outlaw site google resistant.
Thank You and THANK YOU!
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Sites that do not come up in a search may be flash driven. Search engine spiders cannot recognize flash as html, therefore does not find keywords or text. Flash was a trend due to the cool factor, but businesses are quickly moving away from it due to the search issues.

Comes down to preference....cool factor vs. search placement. The flash can stay, but all text needs to be true html!

Another issue is facebook, youtube and twitter. If you don't have a facebook, youtube, or twitter, theres a great chance you will not come up high on search. Give yourself those pages and you will come up number one most of the time. Youtube is the second largest search engine in the world just under google. Facebook is the largest placement site. Used to be if we wanted to come up in search, html tag text was so important. Now days, all you need are social media pages on facebook and youtube.

But for now, its the flash holding searches back. In the end its the owners preference. Hope that helps.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2010-09-04 11:34, videokideo wrote:
Sites that do not come up in a search may be flash driven.

Sorry, must chime in here. This does not apply to the outlaw site as it wasn't created in flash.

Quote:
On 2010-09-04 11:34, videokideo wrote:
Another issue is facebook, youtube and twitter. If you don't have a facebook, youtube, or twitter, theres a great chance you will not come up high on search. Give yourself those pages and you will come up number one most of the time. Youtube is the second largest search engine in the world just under google. Facebook is the largest placement site. Used to be if we wanted to come up in search, html tag text was so important. Now days, all you need are social media pages on facebook and youtube.

Have to disagree again. I do SEO for a living, and while having those things certainly helps (not too sure about the facebook page though) they aren't really that important. Content, descriptions and SEO friendly URLs are the number one factor. I do agree that meta tags are virtually useless now, but it still helps to have them as engines like Bing (who are up and comers) have stated that they use meta tags. Google of course, have stated that they place low importance on them.

Just thought I would clear up what I felt was misinformation.

In actuality if you want to stop your site showing up in google (or any other search engine) it takes about 1 minute to create a robots.txt file to block all bots trawling your server.

Here is a great tutorial:

http://www.outfront.net/tutorials_02/adv_tech/robots.htm

:)
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I was just about to look at his robots.txt file. Was surprised to see my site show up first when searching for Outlaw Effects. Rick, as stated above, has his reasons. I will say that there are some people that I have interviewed that are rather strict with regard to what we can talk about in the podcast for fear that it will be picked up on by traditional media. It makes sense given the nature of his products when compared to traditional suppliers.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Outlaw Effects website out of google search ? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL