The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2003 entrée: Peter Loughran » » Shawn Larocque » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I wanted to take this time to introduce my great friend Shawn Larocque.

Shawn Has been working in my show for over 15 years, and has a huge knowledge of illuisons.

Shawn is the mastermind behind the fabrication of our props and Illusions. I create and design the illusion, and Shawn builds them and also is part of the overall design of the illusion.

Let me tell you how brilliant this guy is. We were building a Vertical Shadow Box illusion for Corporate Magican and president of Mystivate Inc. Jason Palter. Jason wanted some pretty specific things done with this illusion including having it collapse down to fit in a SUV. Not to mention Jason wanted the illusion to produce a VIP and built to fit the largest person. So the illusion was rather large to say the least. Well the brilliant mind of Shawn Larocque found a way to do this yet making sure that when the illusion was assembled that it was 100% sturdy and rigid. He did it. Shawn, myself and Jason worked on custom building this illuison that was thought of being impossible to become a reality.

I wanted to take this time and publically thank Shawn infront of the magic community for his brilliant thinking, his awesome designs and his superb fabrication, bringing my unique creations to life.

Kudos to Shawn! My friend and business partner.

Smile

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Shawn Larocque
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Shawn Larocque
It is always a pleasure to work with customers in making the prop just the way the client wants, In Jason's case, all three of us worked extra hard with long hours, and finally the end result was, sucsess!!! Thanks Peter, Oh and by the way You havn;t stump me yet!! Smile

S.
THE DEVILS REFLECTION
POLTERGEIST
FRACTURED. Which one to choose?
They are excelent quality, With a fantastic Effect!! Check out the movies @
www.masterofillusions.ca
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Shawn wrote:

"Oh and by the way You havn;t stump me yet!!"

...And Im not sure I ever will, which makes L2ILLUSIONS so dangerous...
Smile

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I am curious. Does Shawn only create the prototypes for the illusions, or does he actually oversee the production of all of the items that you sell?

As I am sure you know, it's sometimes cheaper to outsource large orders to a major manufacturer, but in your case, it would require complicated non-disclosure agreements and more people would be exposed to the secret.

I know you sold thousands of the “Elevator”. That’s a lot of manufacturing!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Bill, Both Shawn and I and a little hired help make up L2ILLUISONS and we manufacture absolutely everyting we sell. We wouldn't have it any other way.

Often we get requests to sell plans of our larger props, but we would never do this. We wouldn't want just anyone building our original ideas. They could do a horrible job and yet our name would be associated with that prop. So me and Shawn will only be the authorized builders of our illuisons.

Although we can't say that there hasn't been times we would love to perhaps take some time off and contract stuff out...but again we just care too much about our products and our customers... Smile

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Peter:

I'm so sorry it took me so long to post, man. As I said in my email last night, things have been crazier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger with an itchy nose, if you catch my drift.

Let me first say that I am a new user/poster here.

Anyways, for those of you reading, yes, Peter and Shawn did build me the Vertical Shadow Box Illusion as per my very strict specs. They were absolutely fantastic and so professional to deal with. Yeah, we hit some major snags along the way, but the 'magic' that Shawn did to make sure everything worked was incredible. This box is huge once assembled, and yet can be taken apart by one person very easily (and if you've ever met me, you will know that I am not very strong and muscular). Shawn made sure that it is rigid when assembled, but comes apart for easy transport. I can easily carry each piece, and just throw them into the back of my SUV.

And yeah, Peter, the trim looks fantastic (as Shawn will tell you, Peter loves his trim!). The truth is that the trim adds to the deceptive nature of the illusion, and makes it look so awesome.

The bad part is that the event that I needed the illusion for was cancelled 8 days before because of the SARS problem. (By the way, for those of you who do not live in Toronto, for the record, the SARS problem is not the problem that the media would like you to believe that it is! The media loves to sell newspapers and ratings, and if the truth be know, I don't know anyone with SARS, and I don't know anyone who knows anyone who has SARS. So please, come visit Toronto; it is very safe!) Anyways, I was able to keep the illusion, and I will use it for other events.

If you are thinking of getting Shawn (and Peter!) to build you something or would like to purchase one of their effects, they are great to deal with and their items are top quality....And no, nobody asked me to write that.

Great work guys, and thanks again!

Jason
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Jason glad to see you made it here ok. Thanks for the kind words too! It was great to see you again at the convention!

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2003 entrée: Peter Loughran » » Shawn Larocque » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL