The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Wow 1.0 or Wow 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
No doubt you can find a way to justify it. But I am probably just too casual. I do not want to fix on a presentation. I want it to be more flexible.
Anyway if someone like it, he can definitely think a way out
Quote:
On 2010-09-23 19:07, gaffed wrote:
Those that shy away from the original WOW (face up) for fear of someone suspecting the gimmick/sleeve just aren't bothering to use their imaginations. Seems as though everyone wants a quick, grab and go effect. I, personally, think that this is such a good effect that you simply have to sit down and think of various ways to justify using it, and they are there if you simply take the TIME!

For sometime I used a Himber wallet with an un-gimmicked sleeve, and may continue to do so as I've not performed it for awhile. I'm not going to get into my routine, but suffice to say that at the end I would simply and casually lay down the un-gimmicked sleeve after I was through and you would be surprised how many people never bothered to pick it up!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-09-24 19:34, zhoudumu wrote:
No doubt you can find a way to justify it. But I am probably just too casual. I do not want to fix on a presentation. I want it to be more flexible.
Anyway if someone like it, he can definitely think a way out

I'm somewhat lost here? How can you do magic without a "presentation", albeit I simply call it "patter", to coin an old word as it applies to doing magic? That is unless of course you never talk while doing magic! You mentioned the AC routine, which of course you must talk, or explain what you are doing. Without "presentation" there is no magic! That is unless one is doing stage magic where some magicians are totally silent while they do their routine. Please explain if you would just out of curiosity?
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
Sorry for my poor English. I did not say without presentation. I just want to say I do not like make some extra presentation just for the sleeve as you need to introduce it. For face down version you do not need to make a special presentation for it, so you can focus just on your ambitiuos card routine presentation. That is why I said it is more flexible.
Just want to clarify that.
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Wow 1.0 and 2.0 is the same right?
the difference is just in price,and face up and face down ?
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-10-07 08:25, itlust wrote:
Wow 1.0 and 2.0 is the same right?
the difference is just in price,and face up and face down ?

It gets a tad confusing as some dealers refer to both of them as WOW 2.0.
Other than that, yes you're right. The face down version comes with a DVD whereas the face up version (the original one) does not. I also think there is one that has a Joker but I'm not quite sure.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
Bastrakov is making double WOW. I saw it. It is really amazing. It works in two directions. So when you push down you get 4c for example,when you push up you get 5d....there are also double printed sleeves poker size that you can use for many additional effects. Just can say that this kind of "wow" is a lot advanced then masuda. Strange that Bastrakov does not sell them on shops.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
I have a particular routine where a original WOW Sleeve utilizing a TWO of SPADES (gimmick) would be ideal.

Most of the original WOWs that I've seen sold - incorporate the "Heart" suit.

Has anyone seen a 2 Spades WOW?

...or know where to obtain one, or have one made?

Thanks.
glennn
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of glennn
I've got both Wow 1.0 and Wow 2.0 and they are both awesome - but for very different effects. I find Wow 2.0 to be a really nice additional "pop" for colour-changing deck effects - including one where I change into a rainbow deck with just one card "protected" by the Wow gimmick... makes an explanation for the gimmick (protecting it from the magic) and means the final transformation (of that card) can be really impressive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Wow 1.0 or Wow 2.0 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL