The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Specially-printed Silks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
I am wondering where I can get a silk that is about 24" that has just the simple words "welcome" or "Hello". I just need a white silk with black printing, somewhat opaque.

Thanks,
Jay Smile
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Try Pegani at http://www.pegani.dk . They will be able to provide you with silks of all sorts.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
Nope, they don't have what I am looking for, I went thru the site without being able to read it. Still they didn't have it.

Thanks,
Jay
Smile
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
Magicrma
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
101 Posts

Profile of Magicrma
Jay,
If there isn't a magic supplier that will do it, try the local sewing crafts shop.
There are people that paint on silk. One of the techniques is to paint with a dye. It looks great, and the silks are not stiff.
Another option is a silk screen shop. But when I've used silk screening the design comes out stiff.

:goodluck:
MagicRMA
"The art of Illusion is at least 95% applied psychology" Henning Nelms (Magic & Showmanship)
<BR>
<BR>MagicRMA
<BR>Majicrma@msn.com
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
Thanks, I was wondering about that. Just what I was looking for and it was just in front of me.
Smile
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
You can probably just paint it on using a stencil and special silk dyes.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I know Peganis site is in Danish, but if you email him, he will be able to help you. They dye the silks and they are able to print anything on them, they even have a silk printed as a newspaper.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I can do handpainted silks with words or simple designs. I have done several.
I just finished a rocket ship and some silks with the words yellow and red on them.
Contact me and I can email you some photos.
Handpainting is not as crisp as a screened silk but it is about 1/ 4 the cost and works fine.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Joe Legari in Canada does specialty silks.

Check his website: www3.sympatico.ca/joe.legari

cheers,

j.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Thanks for the advice Magicrma, I'll go down to one of my local craft shops and check into this. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Specially-printed Silks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL