The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Storage of tricks in smaller house (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I moved to a new smaller home last week - and I really hate to keep my cards, tricks and coins in cigar boxes anymore - and then in a drawer.

Any ideas would be appreciated - I don't have a lot of stuff, maybe 15-20 decks, some coins, and a few larger wood items (China Mystery Square Circle, etc).

Where do you guys put your stuff so it is easy to view and access?

Thanks.

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If all you have is a few items, then this case is a good solution:
http://www.daytonamagic.com/products/MAK......ASE.html

I keep my large stage show items separate from my close-up porps. The large items I store in my suit-case table or keep them in foot locker.
Alex Kilcup
View Profile
New user
Sault Ste. Marie
48 Posts

Profile of Alex Kilcup
Just like wmhegbli does, I also keep all my small stuff separate, small stuff goes into 2 4x4x4 ATA cases which I store in the corner of my bedroom, and larger things, like my Blammo Box, and other large illusions are stored in their ATA cases in my 16' trailer, which is parked beside our garage
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
I have seen the case from Daytona Magic, not bad at all. You can also purchase cases from a near by Bass Pro shop. I have seen some pretty nice cases there.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
In my small place, I rely more and more on furniture that acts as storage. I store some things in totes that I use for my shows. I keep some things in a packing trunk that I use as a coffee table. There are ottoman that have a flip-up cushion, that reveals a storage space.

Some keep some things under the bed - clear plastic containers are available for this. You can get cabinets that allow you to store many things on shelves, conserving valuable floor space. There are also closet organizers that will allow you to make the most of existing space. I store a few small cases on top of the kitchen cabinets - plastic file cases and make-up cases are great for this.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I have three or four storage boxes I bought in the hardware area of a Kmart.
There made of plastic, have a number of clear drawers in a couple of sizes.

The larger drawers will hold up to 6 decks. Thet're great for packet tricks and
anything else that's of that size. The smaller drawers are good for coins and
other smaller objects.

They work great for organizing your magic
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Container Store - clear lucite card holders.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Container store is perfect for finding good storage options.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
I have had good luck storing Cups and close-up items in cardboard photo storage boxes stacked in a bookshelf. They are all the same size and stack well and have proven to be sturdy.

Hobby Lobby and Michael’s craft stores seem to always have them for sale for around $2 bucks each; they also come in many colors.

Good luck,
Bruce
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I found a unique flatware case on ebay awhile back that I use to store my RNT2 cups in. It looks like a piece of furniture, so you can have it out in the open and use it as a table. It has legs, but I took them off so I could put it on a cabinet in my bedroom. I have about $50 invested in it and most of that was for shipping.

http://www.dazustudios.com/images/rntcabinet3.jpg
http://www.dazustudios.com/images/rntcupcase1.jpg
Magic is where you find it.....
Deucemc
View Profile
Regular user
originally Honolulu, Hawaii
116 Posts

Profile of Deucemc
I have a small home too, I use stackable plastic rubbermaid drawers to store big things and I use those plastic compartment drawers to separate and catergorize my material. I go to yardsales and 2nd hand stores. I usually find some when I'm looking for them and stack them to the ceiling with magic props, extra suppies etc.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Most of my decks are in an old cassette case.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Storage of tricks in smaller house (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL