The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » International Pocket Change from Cosmo Solano (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I received mine in the mail yesterday. Frankly, I find Cosmo's sending out a second, actually a third iteration, free of charge other than defeating the postage, to be incredible. How many other times has anyone actually see someone do this? Without being forced to? Instead, we get Gold Editions, 2.0 versions, Platinum versions, etc. That are slight upgrades or additional routines. And for those, you have to pay as much as the original effect. That is the right of those creators to do so, but when someone does what Coz is doing in supplying a whole new, improved version sua sponte, such action should be recognized and lauded.
John
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Send donations too... LOL just kidding!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-07-16 00:33, jonnyboy wrote:
I received mine in the mail yesterday. Frankly, I find Cosmo's sending out a second, actually a third iteration, free of charge other than defeating the postage, to be incredible. How many other times has anyone actually see someone do this? Without being forced to? Instead, we get Gold Editions, 2.0 versions, Platinum versions, etc. That are slight upgrades or additional routines. And for those, you have to pay as much as the original effect. That is the right of those creators to do so, but when someone does what Coz is doing in supplying a whole new, improved version sua sponte, such action should be recognized and lauded.
John

He has a rich uncle!

J
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Hey - celebrate and enjoy Cosmo - there's not that many left like him in the magic product industry! I hold him in the same regard as very few, like Richard Sanders and David Regal!

Jim
Cosmo Solano
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
410 Posts

Profile of Cosmo Solano
Rich Uncle... ME? Hah! I wish! If I do I sure aint his favorite nephew!

Hey all, I'd love to start a discussion here, CONSTRUCTIVE discussion... regarding using two pockets with IPC.

Briefly, for those not familiar: The new IPC can be done in a few different ways, you can use the new "gimmick" in the same way the old one was, and use just one pocket for the whole effect. The new gimmick eliminates offers an even more streamlined way to do this.

Okay, the "new" way of doing this suggests you use BOTH pockets to pull the change out. At first glance some might think it will tie up BOTH of the pockets, which, (as a full time worker for many, many years) I know is valuable real estate. Having worked thousands of nights strolling in restaurants and parties over my career, I understand this. The PREFERRED/RECOMMENDED way to perform the new IPC utilizes both front pants pockets. However! it only does so DURING the performance, nothing has to tie up those pockets permanently and there's no reason not to use those pockets for other things/storage throughout the night etc. Its the way I do it now, I do carry a deck of cards, set of coins, a few other things... so I'm not speaking theoretically here.

Sponge balls is a great example: During my "strolling" years, I did a routine with over 30 sponge balls... (yeah I know, I know, lets not go there!) and of course that puffs up the pockets like the stay puff marshmallow man. It was one of the more requested effects from the regulars so I ALWAYS would perform it at some point in the evening. This required pocket management, I would either keep my BALLS in my case ;-) or when that wasn't possible, I would keep them in less used jacket pockets, usually spread out. Usually I would keep them on me as it was easier than returning to my case.

So I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

IPC is SO powerful, it deserves the effort (in my opinion of course!) and this only comes from having done it so often and seeing the reactions.

Perhaps to get the ball rolling and have a little fun kicking around the subject...

I actually LIKE taking out a deck of cards, coin purse etc clearing the pocket, and saying "I want to show you something very special... I'm going to remove all this "stuff" from my pockets so that everything is fair..." without saying exactly what I'm about to do just yet. When I do this, it
a: puts the effect up on a pedestal, creates focus for the audience, and sets a stage.
b: begins to establish a sort of trust, as you are trying to be extra clear and fair.

Also it feels very natural, not like a "planned" routine or set up trick. This is already beautifully inherent in the effect itself, which has been called an "organic" effect by so many. The feeling of impromptu-ness (?) is very strong with IPC, which HIGHLY adds to the final reaction.

Okay so your thoughts?

Big thanks for the kind words Jim and Jonny BTW.

coz
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2011-07-16 11:48, Cosmo Solano wrote:

I actually LIKE taking out a deck of cards, coin purse etc clearing the pocket, and saying "I want to show you something very special... I'm going to remove all this "stuff" from my pockets so that everything is fair..." without saying exactly what I'm about to do just yet. When I do this, it
a: puts the effect up on a pedestal, creates focus for the audience, and sets a stage.
b: begins to establish a sort of trust, as you are trying to be extra clear and fair.

That's a good idea. I would just perform each effect and leave the items on the table instead of putting them back in the pocket. I wouldn't say anything about emptying my pockets. I'd save the 1-100 coin effect for the CLOSER as your pockets are empty by then. Then, put everything back.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » International Pocket Change from Cosmo Solano (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL