The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Best glue for paper/plastic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
What do you use for gluing parts of cards together? What do you think is best in terms of strength, manageability, and invisibility on drying?
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I use regular superglue, don't put too much though or it becomes too stiff and will snap. I doubt this is by any means the best option, just what I am using currently.

I use this for gaffs that are taken from and added to the deck in pockets etc and they are mostly very good if it is done correctly when making them. They become slightly less bendy but that is just due to the fact of having parts of various cards together.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
This should work for what I want. I like super glue I just wasnt sure how well it holds up to "peeling".

Its a ;little tiny addition to the card. (For Tunnel Vision, if you know the effect.)
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I use Uhu glue sticks as suggested by some folks from England for crafting modified card creations.
Works very well. so far it seems to meet the criteria you mentioned for me.

for manageability - rubber cement
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Yeah for that bit of what you mentioned I used I few drops of superglue, it's really stuck!

the brand I used is Loctite superglue (think that's just regular superglue) it's the type that a few drops on your fingers will stick them together

I've also used superglue for larger additions to cards and it works well. Had a slight problem with a different piece of card being stuck to a playing card but I think I used glue in the wrong places and it works now
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
If the area is large enough, I'll use Super 77 spray glue by 3M.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Best glue for paper/plastic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL