The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » ~Foreign~ by ShizNick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
I'm having a debate on which one of my tricks I should try to maket. Either this trick or Holy Shiz. I need your guys opinion on which one is truly better. They both have been audience tested and got the same great reactons.

Effect: The Magician slips a red-backed blank card into an envelope face down. A spectator now freely chooses one of the six blue-backed blank cards that are laid out on the table and also slips it into the envelope. When both the cards are taken out of the envelope, They're both matching Blank Cards.
The Spectator usually says now "All of the six cards on the table were blank cards to begin with!" So then the magician slowly turns all the cards face up on the table to reveal that they are not Blank Cards but have different faces to each of them.

*Totally Self-Working Trick, Easy To Do, and the Spectator Really does have a free choice.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Black envelope meets Twisted Sisters/Blizzard. Are you planning to market these effects?

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
The fact that they're placed in an envelope will arouse thoughts of switches.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
There are already so many tricks that are similar to this. What makes this one different or special? How long have you been performing it? How long have you been doing magic?

I'm only asking this question so you can avoid pitfalls and frustration. Did you see what happened to Symatrix here a few weeks ago? His reputation went down the drain because he was selling really bad tricks. Please don't try to sell things that already exist. Do some research, and answer those questions above so everyone knows who they are dealing with. Same thing goes for your "Holy Shiz" trick. Good luck.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
This reminded me a little of Nick Trost's "Mini-Maze" from the seventies, as a comic effect, though the effect is different.

There an envelope was shown and placed down then six miniature cards placed in a face up row. One is selected. A card is removed from the envelope and doesn't match, but then it is shown the back matches. Next the five unselected cards are turned over to show rainbow backs. Finally the selected card is turned back to show the face now matches.

Alakazam recently released one where a spectator chooses an ESP card which matches a prediction, then finds the other cards she holds are unprinted.

There is no reason why your effect wouldn't sell. Not sure it sounds exciting enough to generate orders via e-mail but if you had a good video demo.

If you are going to show the odd coloured blank faced card initially it seems illogical putting it back in the envelope. May be better just to show the envelope and say it contains a prediction (if the envelope is needed).

Paul.
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
Quote:
If you are going to show the odd coloured blank faced card initially it seems illogical putting it back in the envelope. May be better just to show the envelope and say it contains a prediction (if the envelope is needed).

I agree with Paul on this.

I would also suggest that the spectator turns the cards over. However, the strength of this effect will depend on one thing: if the envelope is examinable or not.
If it is not, the effect is not likely to impress as anyone with a very rudimentary knowledge could replicate it. imho.
misterhyde
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of misterhyde
Quote:
On 2003-07-07 21:45, ShizNick wrote:
I'm having a debate on which one of my tricks I should try to maket.

Debate over. Neither of these are worth marketing. This trick in particular is completely illogical.

"Choose a card. I'll put it in this envelope. Now I'll pull it right back out!"

Ridiculous. Poor, poor, poor, poor structuring.

A magazine would not print this trick if you gave it to them to publish for free. It's certainly not worth selling individually.
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
I agree. Both sound like very poor effects. It seems like you came up with this in one day. Please don't make the mistakes other have made and get a bad reputation at (I think) such a young age.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » ~Foreign~ by ShizNick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL