The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Instant Radio version 2 - My Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
I couldn't disagree with magicreviews more too! I find it to be an excellent product. Easy to set up, use and get excellent results from.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
100% agree -- great product.
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Just got both in today. Can't wait to try them out. Ordered direct from magicgadgets and the shipping was quite fast and reasonable.
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
magicmonk
View Profile
New user
Donald Monk
23 Posts

Profile of magicmonk
Those that knock this effect are 'talking out of their armpits!

This is the best money's worth I've had in a long time.

I use it close-up without a jacket, no problem.

I use it with a picture I've drawn of a radio (as per the demo video) and then after the radio has been demonstrated and torn I leave it with the punters.

Of course it has my details printed in small type on it,- but I seal the deal by saying that they need to buy some super slim batteries from me for it to work and give them a little ticket with a picture of two batteries and a price tag of £155 for the pair + postage! This also has my details on it.
Have a Chuckle,- and get a Free Magic Tutorial at http://www.MagicMonkSolutions.com
mentalguy
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of mentalguy
I live in and perform throughout New York City and, in my experience, the Instant Radio Version 2 has not lived up to the hype.

For the past three months, the Instant Radio has caused me more trouble than it’s worth. Although most of my shows are within the five boroughs, I rarely get good reception. Imagine the look on their faces when I ask them to push the radio dial on my business card and nothing happens!

The Instant Radio is also unreliable. After moving only a couple of feet, I am forced to scan for a new station. Remember: I live in New York City. If I cannot spontaneously produce the sound of a radio, then who can? Why wear the unit?

For me, the unit is also cumbersome and takes up too much pocket space. If the unit actually delivered and worked as advertised, then I could overlook this detail; however, it doesn’t and so I can’t.

The Instant Radio may work for several performers, but count me in as one of the performers for which it is more of a nuisance than an asset.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Used this effect in a very rural area of Utah - worked like a champ. As in most cases simple seems to work best -- two most consistent uses for me are (a) I screw/unscrew a cap on a soft drink bottle and (b) explain that just as some people can rub a glass and make a sound, I was taught a better way. Smile
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Just received the v.2 radio as a gift and don't expect any issues. Will use it this week and followup with a response.
kumpletoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kumpletoo
Just got this and I love it... The only issue I had with it is the on and off switch. It was sliding and slipping alot. I had to play around with it a lot to make it more reliable and I think I pretty much have it configured to turn on almost all the time... I use the "iPen Radio by Apple" bit, got this idea from someone here in the Café... I thought it was brilliant... I've been just going up to people and saying, "Excuse me, I'm demoing a new product from Apple called the iPen Radio and what I have here is the prototype" then I turn it on... Some people I've shown actually believe that Apple is actually coming out with this - it's hilarious. After I've turned the iPen on and let them hear it, I turn it off, remove the pen cap and proceed by saying, "the only negative thing about this product is that you have to use a 9-volt battery" and this is the time I produce a 9-volt battery from the pen cap - just imagine the reaction from this and it gets big laugh... You can see their (lay people)eyes get big... I hand them the pen for inspection, perform a shuttle pass with the battery and ditch it in my trouser servants (Garret Thomas's idea- Live at the Jailhouse DVD) and ask them to uncap the pen and hand me the pen cap then I slap my hand with supposedly containing the battery to hand with the pen cap - you can see their jaws drop. I then I ask for the pen back, replace the cap and turn the radio on again... What a killer effect!...
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Stories of tooth fillings acting as receivers to pick up radio signals
has long been debated as a possible urban myth. (Emphasis on
"possible".)

However, many people claim to have heard radio signals coming from
tooth fillings or braces.

Try this with Instant Radio.

Thia is my routine and it plays pretty well!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Is it better than the original AM Inc?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Instant Radio version 2 - My Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL