The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » What to do with a green geo blossom (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
When one orders a floral geo assortment from Qualetex it includes many green geo blossoms. I'm not sure if you've had the opportunity yet to hand a child a green flower on a green stem. However, let me assure you that they will look at you like you may have been dropped on your head as a child.

What do you do with these things? I'm looking to share ideas.

Here's what I've done to date. I will make a brown loop hat with a stem and put the green geo on top. Then I hang a frog around the stem so he is hugging it. I call it a frog on a lily-pad even though it looks nothing like a lily-pad. They kids seem to like it well enough.

So how about you? Please help me get rid of these things.
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Why does it have to be a green flower on a green stem? If the flower is green, make the stem another color. I don't always make flowers in normal flwer colors. My stems have been blue, or purple, etc.
If you know how to make a clown, the green geo makes a nice ruffled collar for him.

David
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-09-18 09:57, greatscott wrote:
Why does it have to be a green flower on a green stem? If the flower is green, make the stem another color.

I have done that, making the stem pink, black, brown etc.

The clown is a good idea, and I do know how to make it. Unfortunately, I never have children ask for clowns. In the two years that I've really applied myself towards balloon work not once has a child ever asked me for a clown. A car, train, the sword of a Greek god, even a helicopter, but never ever a clown.
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Timely question with Halloween coming up...I use green Geo blossoms to make cute little Frankenstein monster heads which I mount on a hitchhiker body.
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Thanks for putting me onto the Frankenstein heads, that's brilliant!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
There is a a GEO video out that shows how to make "Franky" from a green Geo.

I also use them to make Goofy's hat by inverting a green geo. I buy a lot of green geos....

I also use them for lilly pads for fairy's...

Another thing I do is blow them up half way and make Don Caldwells which face..

I know I use them for other things just can think.. I do go through a lot of them though!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2010-09-20 20:28, Perry D Winkle wrote:
Thanks for putting me onto the Frankenstein heads, that's brilliant!

Here you go: http://www.balloonhq.com/photos/db/compl......tmapid=0

Photo ID: 53561
Carl Skenes
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Carl Skenes
You could also make a spaceship or a witch, for example. There are many other things that you can sculpt with GEO Blossoms, just play with 'em, they'll come to you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » What to do with a green geo blossom (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL