The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Card Images for Mish-Mash Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Trying to make my own Mish Mash Card (Harry Anderson, Wise Gug Book). Trouble is I can't seem to find simple straight on images of a deck of cards. Did Google Image search, and, as you might image, got 1 gazzillion hits. But very few modern (i.e. Bicycle or Bee) card images. And even less of just the deck laid out. The two I did find were so small that as I enlarged them on my graphics program, they lost clarity.

I could scan some cards...but was hoping somebody out there might know of a source.

Thanks.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I would just scan the cards and put them together in InDesign, Quark or some other program.
That way you'll get a high quality image.

You could also cut up a cheap set of jumbo cards. Assemble and scan the finished card
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'd just scan real cards at a high resolution and take my flash drive, with the scan on it, to a local printer to have it blown up. They could also laminate the panels for you. Any other way of doing it would be too big of a hassle.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
In one of the Older issues of Genii, before Kaufman bought it, this routine was written up.
I believe there was a template for making the card.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I think that in Anderson's version, and in the effect as originally marketed, the Mish Mash card was made up of actual large cards that were cut into pieces and pasted onto the larger card. In Hank Lee's current version, though, the whole Mish Mash is just a print - which is a bit disappointing. IMHO real cut out, glued pieces would look better, and the overall effect would look less like something you just went out and purchased.

Odd, too, as the instructions specifically state "...[t]he truth is that these pieces have been precisely cut out and carefully positioned on the board." Not to mention the hinges, which are made of plastic tape, although the instructions say "[t]he Mish-Mash card effect is made from only the best materials... [including] archival quality linen tape for the hinges." Ah well, all facts are approximate, it seems. You're probably smart to make your own.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Card Images for Mish-Mash Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL