The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Big Ticket Vanishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I am stuck on finding a good way to vanish 20 plus coins... I am trying to find a way to make 20 coins into a coin star but, I haven't had any luck. If I could get the coins in that kind of display I could close my hands and vanish them. Any other ideas?

Lee

P.S. I don't like to place 20 coins into my one hand and vanish them. It just seems to flat and boring.
Goodcoins
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Goodcoins
Are you joking with us or are you being serious about that many coins?

That is a lots of coins.

This is my second post. Yay

Kay Smile
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Quote:
On 2003-07-08 21:44, Goodcoins wrote:
Are you joking with us or are you being serious about that many coins?

That is a lots of coins.

This is my second post. Yay

Kay Smile

No... right now, big coin productions are really popular. I just need a good way to disappear them. I think I can get a 4 coin roll down, a coin star and another coin on my palm.

Lee
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't that only ten coins, if you do a 5 coin star and a four coin roll down with one in your palm.

You just need two more hands.LOL

Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I mean 5 coin in the star, 4 coin roll down and then an extra in the palm. That would give me 10 in each hand.

Lee
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Topit? Topits?

Man, that is an insane amount of coins to vanish. Why not just do a super big production at the end of your show then just do that, end it?

A big production for your first effect or even in the middle of the show is a bit of an early climax don't ya think?

But really, the only way I can think of is using a topit...maybe a topit and 4 of Ammar's coin clips?

Chris
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Because, I got a better ending to my show... It does use topits, I was just looking for ideas on how to vanish them.

Lee
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Can you handle ten in each hand in that display?

It sound really cool.

If you have Ammar's topit tapes, he shows a bunch of ways to disappear coins. You could use one method after another to give you a little variation in each vanish of a coin.

Do you want to make them all vanish at one time or one or two coins at a time?

If you are going to make them vanish all at one time maybe you could look at a vanishing box of somewhat. Like a box that you put all the coins in and then vanish all the coins inside. You could put all the coins in the box and make the box disappear and the coins.

If you remember The masked magician reveal the secret to vanishing an old radio. You could do the same thing but have a little box instead with a lid that would fit tight and that when shaken you would not hear the coins move inside. Then bam, the box of coins disappears.

Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Do you mean the coin star where each coin is between the fingers(4 coins)and thumbs(1 coin) of both hands

or the one where coins are on the pads of fingers and thumbs and the hand closed and then opened and the coins are still on the hands.

I am having trouble picturing a 4 coin roll.
(which I can do, and IMHO a 3 coin roll looks much more fluid - at least in my hands.)

How are you getting the coins to stay on your 5 finger pads while the other coins (4) are in motion during the coin roll especially in a palm down position???

I have been up late for the last week doing shows and the IBM convention. Please forgive my nearly normal tired brain.

As far as a vanish how about using a coin clip or if you can stand the $$$ Bob Fitch's Hold Out System.

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist

Harris Deutsch
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I down mean a 4 coin roll down, I am talking about a Roll Down Flourish with 4 coins....

I would do some fancy to get the first coin on my palm. Then do a coin star followed by a roll down flourish. The trick is to get the control the coins in my hand.

Lee
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
dude, i honestly know where you're coming from wanting to make them disappear probably visibly as opposed to inside of a box. But, if you place them inside of a small box and switch the box for an empty one i think it will be just as strong. After all if you produce that many, nobody is going to care if they disappear in a box or from your hands. I would personally just leave them there. Same principle as a one coin complete vanish or a lit cigarette vanish. The effect is much stronger becuase you don't bring them back. In your case, I think your effect would be much stronger if you don't make them disappear but rather just leave them. People will wonder where they came from and will have a heck of a time reverse engineering your effect, whereas if you do end up using something else such as a box, or they see you sleeve a coin or a coin go into the topit, they'll ASSUME that the coins came from those places to begin with. Once again I'm rambling....good luck either way!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Big Ticket Vanishes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL