The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Unable to log on! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Since the problem yesterday here at the Café, I have not been able to log on. In fact, I'm not even able to get to the Café on the web. I'm currently using a computer at the Library. I'm able to received notices of pms with no problem, but nothing else. Anyone have any suggestions, please shoot me a pm.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Delete the cookies on your browser and log back in.
Where the magic begins
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Thanks for the tip Dave. I have the same problem with my computer at work. I'll let you know if it works.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Dave I deleted all cookies, still unable to pull up the Café on my work computer.
Any ideas? I changed my password already and I can access the MC from my IPAD at home (obviously), but no luck at work. If you want my ip address at work, let me know and I will find out. Thanks in advance for any help.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Don't know where you work, but could the IT guy(s) have put a block on the Café? It happens some places...

(I.T. meaning Information Technology, not...well...you know...) Smile
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I forgot about that option. It might also not be the IT guys but the service provider. We've had that problem before where a provider decides not to let data be exchanged with the Café. A call to your provider can answer that question.
Where the magic begins
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
257 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
I have a laptop and able to sign in while at work at that IP address. I take my PC home and when I try to log on at home I can't even get the Café website? Other sites are ok.

Any one able to help me with this problem.

Thanks

Jerry
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of towledge
VERY strange problem. I can access Café here at work…at home with my cable modem DIRECTLY plugged into my PC…BUT no page loads at all when modem connected to my wireless Linksys Router…not with IE..not FF. Removed all cookies. Optimum, my ISP is clueless…Linksys has no answer, other than a paid support reset/ software upgrade. This only happens, as far as I can tell with Café and only since the site came back a few days ago. Both the router and my PC have firewalls, but never had this problem in years. Something very new and strange. I wish it were a magic trick!!

Bill
HerbS
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of HerbS
Same here--since the site came back I've had the exact same problem with not being able to log on when connected through my router. Please let me know if you find any solution to this. I've searched various tech forums to see if this is a common problem, and while I've found some examples of this arising elsewhere, I haven't yet come across a clear explanation in lay terms of how to solve the problem.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
257 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Ok I'm back on at home. After also reading all kinds of hi-tech solutions on the internet I found one that just said power down the computer and router and restart.

That is it and that worked.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Unable to log on! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL